Monday, May 20, 2019

Productive Monday, Too

I was up by 9:00 a.m., today, even though I couldn't fall asleep until after 3:30 a.m.  I had a cup of tea, replied to blog comments, and commented on one or two blogs.  Then, it was time to get ready to go to my doctor's appointment, which was at noon.  But, I left the house by 11:00 a.m., because, depending on the traffic, the drive can take one hour.  Today, however, traffic was not too bad and I arrived at the doctor's office a little after 11:30 a.m.  The receptionist told me, rather apologetically, that I will have to wait as the doctor didn't come in until noon, today; I assured her it was fine, I didn't mind waiting.

I was seen by the doctor shortly after noon.  Since this was a follow-up appointment, he had me do a blood test to check my iron levels.  If the results show there is an iron deficiency, then, he said, his office staff will call me and schedule another appointment for further testing.  If everything is OK, however, the office staff will not call me and there won't be any further appointments!  That, of course, is what I am hoping for! I did ask if I should call to find out about the test results, but was told not to do that.  He told me, "You'll hear from us if something is wrong".  I guess I will have to be content with that!  In the meantime, I am praying that I won't get a phone call!

On the way home, I stopped by my favorite fish and chips place and ordered a piece of fried fish and mini shrimp to go, no chips!  Came home and had the fish and some of the shrimp for my lunch, along with a banana for dessert.

Aunt C had called and left a message while I was out, so I called her back and chatted with her.

Then, I started on the laundry.  I did three loads of laundry.  I washed the sheets and blanket from the bed in the spare room (I washed the quilt, last night).  Then, I washed the comforter I use as a mattress pad on that bed and I did a load of regular laundry, too.  I'm afraid I dried everything in the dryer, instead of hanging them up to air dry!  Then, I made up the bed in the spare room with the freshly laundered bed linen.

One of my favorite quilts
When not being used as a dump, the spare room functions as a guest room for occasional overnight visitors!  I go back and forth on whether to keep the bed (convenient if I have a guest sleep the night) or get rid of it (I'll have more space!)  I guess the bed stays for now!

While I did laundry, I also went through more papers.  I cleared the stack that was piled on top of the filing cabinet and other papers that were stored in baskets.  Most of it got recycled, the rest filed.  I now have three empty baskets and one empty plastic shoe box.  I also did some mending and replaced an elastic on a pair of sweatpants. 

Later in the evening, I cleaned the fridge and took the trash cans to the curb.

Poor Dancer is a bit under the weather - yesterday, his meows sounded hoarse; today, he's not meowing at all!  He's eating, drinking, and using the litter box, so I am not too worried, but, if he continues to be silent, tomorrow, I will call the vet and ask if I should bring him in for a check up.

Today, I am grateful for:
- A good appointment with the doctor (hopefully, the blood test results will be good, too!)
- A safe drive to the clinic and back
- A working washer and dryer!
- Phone call from aunt C
- What I was able to accomplish today

Monday's To Do List:
- Doctor's appointment (at noon; need to leave the house by 11:00 a.m.) - DONE
- Change bed sheets - DONE (did the spare room bed)
- Load of laundry (bed sheets/towels) - DONE (did the spare room bed linen)
- Dust living room & dining area
- Clean the fridge - DONE
- Take trash cans to the curb for Tuesday trash pick up - DONE

I didn't dust the living room and dining area because I was busy sorting through papers.  I did dust the top of the filing cabinet which is in the spare room, but that was all.

Tuesday's To Do List:
- Call the vet's office if Dancer is still not meowing
- Take Dancer for a check up?
- Bring in the trash cans
- Dust the living room and dining area
- Dust family room and my bedroom
- Water the house plants
- 30 minutes in the spare room (sort through big basket of stuff)

Basket of Stuff!

When I was tidying up the spare room, I put some stuff into this basket to sort through later.  The majority of it belongs to my daughter.  I have this basket and a big plastic storage box in which I have kept some sentimental items to be sorted through, next.  Once they are done, the desk area will be cleared. 

How was your Monday?  Did you have a good day?  What are your plans for Tuesday?


  1. Praying that tests all OK and the Dr does not call back. Keep the spare bed, it looks lovely with that quilt, and you never know when a guest may turn up! The sun is shining here, planning a lazy sewing day...

    1. Thank you, Angela; prayers are much appreciated.

      Yes, I think I will keep the spare bed. As you say, you never know when a guest might show up! If ever your travels bring you this way, you know there'll be a bed for you! :)

  2. I hope you and Dancer need no further trips to the doctor or vet.

    1. Thank you, Live and Learn. He's still not meowing, although he did meow last night when he dragged his scarf around. He has appropriated one of my fuzzy knitted scarves as his "lovey". Every time I leave the house (or, even when he thinks I've left) he brings it out from where he left it last, and, every night, he drags it to my bed, meowing loudly the whole time. :D

  3. Fish and mini shrimp! How is the shrimp served? That's not something we get in the UK. Fish and chips, however, is a staple. Paperwork soon builds up, doesn't it? I always have good intentions to keep it sorted out but usually fail in the task! I hope Dancer will improve very soon, and that your phone stays silent (at least where the doctor is concerned)!

    1. The mini shrimp is battered and deep fried, as is the fish. That was a separate order from the piece of fish; you get 21 mini shrimp for $6.95. I couldn't decide between the shrimp and the fish and chips, so I got both, minus the chips!

      Thank you; I, too, hope the doctor's office doesn't call me and Dancer gets better, soon. :)

  4. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your blood test results. Did they say how long you need to wait until you know everything is fine?
    I also hope Dancer is OK. Wouldn't it be easier if they could talk and let us know if there is something wrong. 🐱

    1. Thank you, Jules. No, they didn't say and I'm afraid I forgot to ask. I am assuming that if they don't call by the end of the week, it means everything is OK.

      Dancer seems a little better, today, even if he's not meowing. He was extremely vocal on Friday and Saturday, then hoarse on Sunday. Otherwise, he seems OK. He's going to be 11 years old, this summer, so he's getting on in years, too.

  5. Oh dear, I hope Dancer gets better soon and doesn’t need to see the vet. Also keeping fingers crossed that your blood results are good and you don’t get that dreaded phone call.

    1. Thank you, Eileen. Dancer seems to be on the mend! He meowed a couple of small meows this afternoon and led me, rather hopefully, towards the kitchen! I was so happy to hear him meow that I immediately gave in and gave him some canned tuna, which he scoffed up! He is taking a nap, now! Hopefully, when he wakes up, he'll be his usual self!

      Please continue to keep your fingers crossed on the phone call!

  6. Hi Bless, That is such a pretty quilt. It must be nice to have a spare bed for guests. I wish I did. Wishing you the best with you test results.

    1. Thank you, Stephenie. Yes, it's nice to have a spare bed. There was a time when my parents (step-dad and mother) and I didn't have a bed to sleep on and couldn't afford to buy one. :) We slept on the floor on my quilts. Eventually, a friend of the family gave my parents two narrow beds (narrower than twin), and, later, the parents of one of my mother's students had an old sleeper sofa they offered to her. The bed in the spare room is the first bed we purchased, I think. It used to be my mother's.

  7. Your spare room is really coming along. You've worked so hard on it. Yes, definitely I would keep the bed. If no guests use it, at least it will be a nice place to display your quilts.

    I'm glad Dancer seems better.


    1. Thank you, Debra. It seems like I've been clearing out that room forever! Every time I make some progress, I end up dumping more stuff in there, from the rest of the house! Yes, I think I'll keep the bed - Dancer likes to take an afternoon nap on it, from time to time! :D He's much better, today, and meowing, a little bit.

  8. I hope your doctor will have no need to call you! I hope Dancer is soon back on form. Your quilt on the single bed looks lovely and welcoming for a possible overnight guest.
    Such a windy day today, but the sun was out. I was able to dry the sheets in record time on the line.

    1. Thank you, Bushlady. He didn't call me today! I'm taking it one day at a time!

      Dancer is much better, today. He's meowed a few times and seems almost back to normal. In fact, he was quite vocal about his displeasure that I didn't feed him a second dinner on demand! LOL.

      Windy, but sunny, days are the best for drying laundry, aren't they? As long as you peg it out firmly so it doesn't blow away! I hope the sunny weather continues.

  9. Ooooh, the shrimp sounds right up my street. I wish our fish & chip shops did that.

    1. It is a bit of an indulgence, but, a nice treat, every now and then. :)


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.