I worked from home, today. During my lunch break, I went to the dentist's to pick up the document they had prepared for me. Then, I stopped at the dollar store (in the same mini mall as the dental clinic) to buy two boxes of quart sized freezer bags and, since they had a door mat that I liked for $1.50, I bought that, too, for the inside of the front door (will put it out for the almsgiving; the current door mat will do for the time being, but it is looking a bit worse for wear after being used for at least the past 3 years).
I had been dithering over which dental plan to choose before our open enrollment period ended. The plan I am on currently (a Dental HMO), has low monthly premiums, but, of course, doesn't cover a lot of treatments or minimally covers them. The PPO coverage includes better benefits, but costs 5 times as much! I was weighing the pros and cons over and over again, but, eventually made the decision to go with the PPO. It goes into effect next year. Once the decision was made, it was a matter of calling and making the change.
I continued with my paperwork after I finished my office work for the day. I spent more than the 30 minutes I had planned to do and went through another big bag of papers and tossed what could be tossed (another grocery bag full) and filed the rest. The filing wasn't done to my usual standards (by date, with most recent in front, etc.), but for now, just getting the papers in the appropriate folder is sufficient. I told myself that in this instance, it doesn't have to be perfect; "good enough" is OK. I will go through and redo the files, later, when I next file something in them. Or, at the end of the year, when I have to make new file folders for the new year.
I watched some TV while I worked on the papers and files. We didn't get any trick or treaters down our road, today. It didn't even feel like Halloween.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Being able to work from home
- Being able to make a decision on the dental insurance
- Having a choice of insurance in the first place
- Making progress on my backlog of paperwork
Tuesday's To Do List:
- Go to the dentist's to pick up a document - DONE
- Make a decision about choice of dental insurance - DONE
- Make an additional phone call about another medical bill - POSTPONED
- Bring the trash cans in - DONE
- Water the indoor plants - DONE
- 30 minutes of paperwork - DONE (Spent a lot more than 30 minutes on it!)
Wednesday's To Do List:
- Go to the office
- Make the phone call about the medical bill
- 30 minutes (or more) of paperwork
- Wash dishes
- Do the litter box
How was your Tuesday? Did you get any trick or treaters?