|More New Fabric!|
My cousin's phone call woke me up, this morning. I answered on the third ring, but she had already figured out that I was sleeping and had hung up. I called her back while I made my morning tea and chatted for a bit. She was calling to see how my car was. After I had my tea I went to the garage and started the car; it started without any problem. Such a relief!
I pondered a bit more on the quilt, taking inventory of all the suitable fabric remnants I had, to see if I could manage to put in corner blocks that looked intentional. I might have been able to manage it for 2 corner blocks, but, not for the other two. Eventually, I decided to go to the fabric store and see if I could match the border fabric I already had or if there was a coordinating color that might work out. I managed to find the exact color and fabric type, and bought a yard and a half. I was afraid I'd have to pay full price, which was $8.99 per yard, as there was no sign on the shelf saying the fabric was on sale, but, apparently it was on sale for $1.99 per yard! I was so happy! My total came to $3.28 with tax. I was tempted to buy more fabric at that price (it's a good "stock up" price) but, I managed to resist the temptation! We are trying to use up the stash, Bless, not add to it! LOL.
After I came home, I cleaned out the fridge, took the trash cans to the curb, did a load of laundry, ran the dishwasher, cleaned the litter box, and collected some osteospermum seeds and scattered them in other parts of the garden - hopefully, they will germinate and grow!
Today, I am grateful for:
- The car started without any problem!
- Great sale price on the fabric I bought!
- I bought only what I needed and nothing else!
- All what I accomplished today
- Working appliances
Monday's To Do List:
- Go to the fabric store - DONE
- Maybe go to the bank? - DIDN'T NEED TO
- Clean out the fridge - DONE
- Take the trash cans to the curb - DONE
- Dust the living room and dining area
- Do a load of laundry - DONE
- Do the dishes/run dishwasher - DONE
- Clean the litter box /sweep the bathroom - DONE
Tuesday's To Do List:
- Bring the trash cans in
- Radiation Oncologist follow-up appointment
- Dust - living room, dining area, family room, my room
- Water the house plants
- Buy cat food
How was your Monday? What are your plans for tomorrow?