- Focus on prayers and meditations; on gratitude and being thankful; appreciate the blessings: I think I did well with this; I noted the blessings and listed 5 things I was grateful for each day.
- Undecorate from Christmas and start cleaning and decluttering and organizing! Loads to be done!: Again, I think I did well in this area; I undecorated and started cleaning; I cleared the living room and dining area, family room and did part of my bedroom and started on the kitchen.
- She still has 2 weeks of Winter break left, so she'll be home for a bit longer. Then, she returns to Berkeley to begin her last semester of Grad. school: As always, the biggest blessing in my life! We enjoyed her stay over winter break and she's been back this weekend to be with me for the 3rd chemo session.
- Most, if not all, contacts will be on the phone or on-line, this month. I need to call and wish one cousin and one aunt on their birthdays: Called and wished aunt and cousin; another cousin and her daughter took me to one of my medical appointments so we visited in person as well; another cousin and aunt will be visiting me this afternoon.
- Again, contacts will be mostly on the phone and on-line: Phone calls and emails, for the most part; but other friends also brought food and showed they cared in many ways.
- I plan to continue to work from home on the good days: Did all my assignments and was thanked by my supervisor.
- I will continue to budget and manage my finances to the best of my abilities. The big bill due this month is daughter's tuition and fees: January was an expensive month, with higher than usual heating and utility bills; but all bills were paid and finances are in a good way.
- Once again, the main focus will be on health. I've a hydration session scheduled for Monday, January 4, a blood test on Tuesday, January 5, and the second chemo therapy session on Friday, January 8. It will be followed by another blood test the following week and a hydration session on the Friday of that week. And depending on the blood test results, more immunity booster injections, and "lather, rinse, repeat" : I had both my 2nd and 3rd chemo sessions in January, along with all the hydrations, blood tests, immune booster injections, etc.
- Procrastinate less! Go back to making daily to do lists and actually do them! I am doing better in this area. At least, some things are getting done!
- I plan to finish knitting the scarf I am making and start on the Mountain Climbing quilt: Finished the scarf, last night! Will start on the quilt today!
I think, on the whole, I did well with achieving my goals and a balanced life in January. I will do a new Goals/Balance Wheel for February, tomorrow.
Did anyone else try to do a goals/balance wheel for January? Anyone wants to try one for February?