Then, my friend R and I had breakfast, talked about the prayer gathering, and discussed the upcoming almsgiving (in December; she said she'll come and help if she can). Around 12:30 a.m., I drove her back to her apartment. I gave her one of the tote bags I had sewn as a thank you gift for helping me with the prayer gathering.
I didn't get my usual Sunday morning call from my neighbor T, so, just before I drove friend R home, I called T and checked on her, especially since I knew her daughter has gone out of state for a few days. T was OK, and said she was just thinking of calling me! I asked her if I could some to see her later in the evening and she said that would be lovely.
Came home and did a load of laundry. I took the trash and recycling out and started to put away some of the washed and dried dishes, but didn't finish. I recognized that I was tired and I didn't want to drop any dishes and break them and end up having to sweep and mop because I had to clean up the shards. I will put them away tomorrow, when I am more rested. I went over the family room sofas with the lint roller to remove cat fur and recovered them with the other set of dust sheets.
In the evening I called neighbor T again to see if she's up to having me visit her and she said yes. I took her some of the leftover carrot cake. She served me some iced coffee and we visited for about half an hour.
Two of my cousins and an aunt called in the afternoon and evening to check on me and I assured them that I was OK and that I was resting. I listened to some music and read a bit, but didn't turn on the TV. Chatted a bit with my daughter, too. She's baking mini apple pies!
|Daughter's Ramekin Apple Pies|
I didn't photograph any of the groceries I bought, yesterday, but I bought bread, tomatoes, two kinds of grapes, red onion, a cranberry cake, 2 lbs. strawberries, blackberries, tangerines, cucumbers, garlic, Serrano chilies, spring onions, and ginger.
|Oct. 21 Grocery Receipt|
I spent $26.73. Earlier, I had estimated $20, but I bought one or two items that I didn't have on my list: bread ($2.39) since I was out of it, a cranberry cake ($2.69) because I felt guilty about not making the flan, and more tangerines than I had planned to buy. The bread was actually for the house, but at this point, I am just going to lump it with the prayer gathering totals. So, altogether, I spent $153.47 on items for the prayer gathering. Well under budget and I have enough food leftover for several meals. I will carry the balance forward as I will need to replenish some items that were used up and for stocking up. Maybe, next year, I will budget a little less, each month, because the prayer group seems to be getting smaller.
Today, I am grateful for:
- My friend R's help
- A pleasant morning spent in her company
- Family calling to check on me
- A nice visit with my neighbor
- Lots of leftovers for future meals!
Monday's To Do List:
- Put away the dried laundry
- Do another load of laundry
- Put away the washed dishes
- Check what needs to be replenished and make a shopping list (I know we ran short of the quart sized baggies, yesterday!)
- Put away the bottles of drinks, etc.
- Photograph the wine bottle labels so I know what to buy, next time (two of my cousins brought wine because I told them I don't know what to buy for them, as I don't drink alcohol)
- Put back the chairs and tidy up a bit
- Take the trash cans to the curb
- Wash the rice cookers and roasting pan
- Put away the big rice cooker until needed for the almsgiving
- Water the indoor plants
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor
- Return or renew library magazines
That should keep me busy and out of trouble!
How was your weekend? What did you do? What are your plans for tomorrow?
10/29/17 edited total spent on prayer gathering to $153.47