Daughter left to go back to Berkeley, this morning. Her flight was at 11:30 a.m. We got up at 8:00 a.m. and daughter did her last minute packing, including the cooked salmon and curry puffs I had frozen for her to take back with her. Then, I drove her to the airport, dropped her off, and came home. At first, I thought I'd have to wait until October to see her again. But, she told me that she has been invited to attend her friend's bridal shower, in August, so she'll be coming down again, next month! It's easier to say goodbye to her when I know I will be seeing her again in about 3 weeks' time!
After I came home, I vacuumed the family room and my bathroom. I don't think that vacuuming the rooms, piecemeal, is the best way to do this, but, it's what I am able to do, right now. I guess something is better than nothing?
I also did two loads of laundry and remade daughter's bed with fresh sheets. I spent the afternoon and most of the evening reading the book I borrowed from my friend (about the women in the Bible). I am almost done with the book and will be able to return it to her at the next rosary gathering, next Saturday.
I am going to try to have an early night, tonight, because I have to get up fairly early tomorrow morning, too, because my doctor's appointment is scheduled for 9:00 a.m.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Daughter had a safe flight back to Berkeley (well, she flies in to the Oakland airport and then, takes the subway to Berkeley and walks the mile or so from the subway station to her apartment as she claims it's faster than waiting for the bus).
- I will be seeing her, again, next month
- Working appliances
- Safe drives to the airport and back
- Pleasant weather
Sunday's To Do List:
- Take daughter to the airport - DONE
- Vacuum the family room - DONE
- Laundry - DONE
- Weekly phone call with neighbor T - DONE
Monday's To Do List:
- Doctor's appointment (at 9:00 a.m.)
- Go to the AAA re. car insurance renewal
- Change my bed sheets
- Load of laundry
- Clean out the fridge
- Take the trash cans to the curb
- Vacuum the house
- Water the garden, front and back
How was your Sunday? What are your plans for Monday?