Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Dctor's Appointment on Monday

Very Clean and Non-Working After Being Laundered

Today, I had my first appointment with my new primary care physician.  I am not quite sure why, but, I was very nervous about today's doctor's appointment.  I think, it might have been because this doctor wouldn't have the benefit of my medical records for the past several years.  But, the appointment went well, once I had found the office - I had transposed the numbers in the address when I wrote it down!  The doctor gave me a referral to see a gynecologist (I need to call to make an appointment for that).  She also wanted me to do a fairly comprehensive panel of lab tests, which I quite understood, as she was trying to establish a base record.  She wanted me to do it after fasting for 14 hours.  I was fasting in the morning, so, I decided to do the lab tests today.  I had to wait until afternoon to make sure I had fasted for 14 hours.  I was worried if I'd be able to do it, but, I was fine.  I  took a banana with me to eat right after the blood tests were done. 

Between seeing the doctor and going for my lab tests, I went to the pharmacy to give them the information about the new doctor, so they'll know who to contact for refills, etc.

After the lab tests, I drove to the Auto Club to discuss an issue that had come up when they were processing my renewal.  They had sent me a letter asking me to fill out the enclosed form, pertaining to my daughter.  However, when I met with the insurance agent, I was assured that I didn't need to fill out the form!  I'm glad that was taken care of.  Later, I was thinking I could have taken my car registration renewal papers with me and taken care of that, too.  I will go later this week to attend to that.

On the way back from the Auto Club, I bought a bowl of steamed rice with beef and broccoli from a Chinese fast food place.  Came home and ate all of it!  I can usually eat only half of a bowl, but, today, I was hungry!  Afterwards, of course, I felt too full!  I was also feeling very tired and sleepy.  So, I turned on the TV and dozed on and off while I watched news. 

Later, I changed my bed sheets and the sofa dust sheets and did two loads of laundry.  It was only when I was taking the load of sofa dust sheets out of the washer that I realized that I had bundled up one of the cordless phones in the sheets and washed that, too!  The phone is nice and clean, now, but, it no longer works!  I had three such phones - one in the family room, one in the hallway, and one in my bedroom; I now have two!  As I told my friend, I make the silliest mistakes when I am tired!

I also flea combed Dancer, cleaned the fridge, and took the trash cans to the curb.  But, I didn't vacuum the house or water the garden as I was too tired.

Today, I am grateful for:
- A good doctor's appointment
- I found the place even after writing down the address wrongly
- Safe driving
- Managing to fast long enough for the lab tests
- Getting the Auto Club issue resolved

Monday's To Do List:
- Doctor's appointment (at 9:00 a.m.) - DONE
- Lab tests - DONE
- Go to the AAA re. car insurance renewal - DONE
- Pharmacy - DONE
- Change my bed sheets - DONE
- Load of laundry - DONE (did 2 loads, because I washed the sofa dust sheets, as well)
- Clean out the fridge - DONE
- Take the trash cans to the curb - DONE
- Vacuum the house
- Water the garden, front and back

Tuesday's To Do List:
- Vacuum
- Water the garden
- Go to the pharmacy again (they've sent a text about one of my medication refills)
- Dust
- Give Dancer another dose of flea medication

How was your Monday?  What are some of the unusual items you've laundered by mistake?


  1. Mondatmy was a peaceful day for me☺

    1. I'm glad to hear that, Natalia. Peaceful days are the best!

  2. I'm not good at fasting blood tests, ending up in hospital once when I collapsed! Well done for holding it together for the 14 hours.

    Your phone does look beautifully clean. Have you tried putting it in a bowl of uncooked rice to absorb any moisture? It's probably beyond saving but it may be worth a try.

    1. I was rather nervous about fasting for that long, but, I managed! I didn't think about the raw rice trick! I shall give it a try!

  3. You are so consistent with your housework. Keep up the great work.

  4. I'm pleased your appointment went well. Your phone looks lovely and clean. Sadly, my watch does too! X

    1. Thank you, Jules. Oh, dear! So sorry to hear about your watch!

  5. That's a long time to fast. Not sure I could have done it. I get lightheaded.

    1. I do, too, One Family; or, I get low blood sugar and start shaking! So, I was very happy that I managed the fast without any ill effects. :)

  6. I hope putting the phone in rice will dry it out.
    I have left paper in pockets in the washer. It leaves a million pieces of wet paper! Ok, I’m exaggerating, but still it’s no fun to pick them up because they stick to the washer. 😁

    1. I didn't put it in the rice, yet, Nil; I figured our air is so hot and dry, anyway, that leaving it out was good enough. I get a dial tone but, the display is gone! I have two other receivers (it was a set of 3 phones), so, the loss of one isn't too inconvenient.

  7. I was thinking the same thing about the rice. It revived a camera once for me.

    1. I haven't put it in the rice, yet. It is very hot and dry, here, right now, so, air drying seems to be sufficient. I get a dial tone, but there is no display. Still, I have two other cordless phones (it was a set of 3), so I'm able to manage. At least it wasn't my cell phone!

  8. I'm so sorry but I laughed when I read about you laundering the cordless phone! I do hope you can renew it. I can see how easy it would be to wrap it up in a sheet. I was very fortunate in noticing a Kleenex one day while putting sheets into the washer. The mess that would have made would have been very annoying, and I always check pockets, so it doesn't happen often that I get shredded paper all over the laundry.

    I'm glad your visit to the new doctor went well. No wonder you were hungry after fasting 14 hours! I was at the doctors today for a followup and was relieved to learn that my bone density is stable, and to have an excellent blood pressure reading. (I think it helped that I was relaxed, waiting for the doctor to enter the room).

    1. It was a very silly thing to do! But, it seems I did a lot of silly things, yesterday! Including forgetting that I spoke with my daughter after she got home from acrobatics classes! I texted her, two hours later, to ask if she got home, yet! I think that prolonged fasting got to me! At least, that's my excuse for the silly things I did, yesterday!

      I'm glad your bone density scan showed that everything was fine. Glad your pressure was good, too.

      By the way, I've washed tissues and money! Tissues don't take kindly to being washed! As for the money, I wonder if I'd be found guilty of money laundering?

  9. I do not wash our phones but I have washed credit cards and my right flip flop more times than I care to admit.
    Glad your tests are done. Fingers crossed and every good wish for fabulous results.

    1. Too funny about the right flip flop, Anne! :D

      Thank you; I hope so, too.


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.