On Saturday, I woke up around 9:30 a.m. and spent a relaxed morning,having a cup of tea and replying to blog comments, etc. Then, I vacuumed the living room, dining area, and kitchen. After that, it was time to take daughter to her friend's apartment. On the way back, I stopped at a grocery store to buy a dessert to take to my aunt's house, some bananas ($.59/lb), a cantaloupe ($.25/lb), and a gift card. Came home and ate a piece of the cantaloupe for a late breakfast.
Later, I made two birthday cards and enclosed the gift card in one. Then, I wrapped up a gift I already had in my stash, attached the second card I had made, and took it over to my neighbor, who was having a birthday party and had invited me. I didn't stay long at the neighbor's party as I didn't know anyone there, other than my neighbor and her daughter and hardly anyone spoke English and I don't speak Spanish beyond a few words and phrases. But, my neighbor insisted that I ate something, so I had some salad, rice, chicken mole, refried beans, and some fruit for a late lunch.
After I came home, I read for awhile. Then, around 7:00 p.m., I went to pick up daughter from her friend's. Then, around 8:30 p.m., we went to my aunt's house to attend another birthday party (for my cousin's sister-in-law). It was my intention to stay for a short while, only, but, we weren't allowed to leave until dinner was served and eaten, and the birthday cake was cut! It was after midnight when we left and we were the first to leave!
After we came home, daughter packed her suitcase, etc. We went to sleep a little after 2:30 a.m.
On Saturday, I was grateful for:
- Vacuum cleaners
- Flea spray
- Safe drives to various places and back
- Daughter got to spend some time with her best friend
- Birthday parties!
Saturday's To Do List:
- Take daughter to her friend's house - DONE
- Vacuum the rest of the house - DID the living room, dining area, and kitchen.
- Put away the washed quilts and blankets for the summer - DONE
- Buy two gifts for a friend and for a neighbor who are celebrating birthdays - DONE
- Attend neighbor's birthday party - DONE
- Pick up daughter from her friend's house - DONE
- Attend the other party at Aunt T's house - DONE
How was your Saturday? What are your plans for Sunday?