Monday, July 18, 2016

Sunday Lunch Out

Today, I was woken up by the sound of the phone ringing, but when I answered the phone, there was no one at the other end.  I hung up the phone and went to the bathroom, and the phone rang again.  This time, I let the answering machine pick it up, but no one left a message.  I went back to bed and tried to sleep a little more, but couldn't fall back asleep.  So, decided to get up.

I spent the rest of the morning doing some office work and sent an email to my supervisor asking her a question regarding my current project.

Later, in the afternoon, one of my friends and I went out to lunch to celebrate her birthday, which was earlier during the week.  It was the first time I went out to eat at a restaurant since I started chemo! We went to a restaurant that was new to me, but my friend had been there before and she recommended it.  I had planned to treat my friend, but she insisted on treating me, instead!  I agreed on the condition that the next time we go out for a meal, it'll be my treat.  I had a hard time choosing from the pasta and burgers and sandwiches that were on the menu, but eventually chose to have a Caesar salad with sliced grilled chicken breast on top.  I couldn't finish it, so brought half of it home to have for my lunch, tomorrow.

After lunch, my friend and I did a little shopping.  I bought a bag of the anti-furball formula cat food for Dancer and my friend bought a few household and office supplies for herself.  Afterwards, I dropped her off at her apartment and came home.

It was a slightly warmer day, today (90F at 3:00 p.m. when I came home after lunch).  But the house stayed relatively cool.  I spent the afternoon relaxing.  Later in the evening, I did the dishes and did a bit of decluttering.

I had a bit of a hard time, today, deciding what to declutter!  I kept pulling things out and putting them back again!  Eventually, I settled on 10 partially used note books (I had kept them to write grocery lists, my daily to do lists, etc.; they will be recycled) and 7 highlighters (they will be donated; I checked them to see if they are still working and they are).  The photo I took of the decluttered items is taking a long time to upload to my computer, so I might have to post the picture tomorrow.

Today, I am grateful for:

- Going out to lunch with my friend
- My friend treating me
- Phone calls and emails from family and friends
- The house staying relatively cool
- Video chatting with daughter

Still need to clean the litter box before going to sleep.

Monday's To Do List:

- Go for 9th radiation treatment
- Office work before and after radiation
- Put away washed dishes
- Empty waste baskets and kitchen trash
- Take trash/yardwaste cans to curb for trash pick up Tuesday morning
- Water the front garden
- Declutter

How was your weekend?  What are your plans for the week?


  1. You were productive yesterday! I was moderately productive over the weekend; I work long days at the library on Friday and Saturday, so Sunday is usually pretty much devoted to rest. We did work for a couple of hours in the yard and I got most of my simple chores done -- laundry, cooking, dishes, etc.

    This week we have to call in someone to look at our AC unit and recommend a repair. I'm not especially looking forward to that!

    1. Sounds like you managed to get a lot done yesterday. Hope the AC repair won't be too costly! Have a wonderful day, Laura.

  2. I admire your courage getting rid of half used notebooks. That must be the hardest thing ever! What a nuisance with the phone call. x

    1. Lyssa, it seems like such a waste, to me, to get rid of the notebooks. But so many, kept for so long (from at least 6 years ago, when daughter was in high school) qualified as clutter, I thought. I kept one for my use and decided to get rid of the others.

  3. Hi Bless! Are you taking your pics using your cell phone? You could try changing your settings to save the pics in a smaller file size. It helps them load more quickly and take up less soace on your phone snd laptop. Just a thought!

    1. Carolyn, yes, I am using my cell phone to take the pictures. For the most part, they load fairly quickly. But, occasionally, they take their own sweet time. I will ask daughter about changing the settings - I have no idea how to do that! Thanks for the suggestion.


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.