Today, April 22, is Earth Day. It is a day to be more environmentally conscious. We all lead such busy lives with all our various cares and concerns, that it is easy to overlook the fact that we only have this one Earth and our own well being is closely tied to it.
I believe that we can all take small steps to be a little more environmentally friendly. Recycling and reusing, conserving water and energy use, reducing waste - all these are small steps that we can take and many of us are already taking.
I don't do all that I can be doing to be environmentally friendly (I still drive a car!), however, I do some. Some of the things I do to be environmentally friendly include:
- Hanging the majority of my laundry to air dry (almost 100% of my laundry, these days, because my dryer is not working!)
- Reducing waste (and conserving landfill space) by reusing and recycling as much as I can and encouraging daughter to do the same
- Conserving water by planting more drought tolerant plants in the garden
- Growing an organic garden
- Conserving energy by turning off unnecessary lights, switching to low-energy bulbs, etc.
Did you do anything special to observe Earth Day, today? What are some environmentally friendly things you do?