I finished sewing the pajama top! I didn't have enough of the patterned fabric to make the yoke, so I used a coordinating solid colored cotton flannel for the yoke and the facings. I think it works out well and helps to tone down the rather busy pattern.
I used buttons that were in my button stash (inherited from my mother!) There were six buttons in the packet; perfect! My sewing machine has a button hole foot and it would have been quicker to sew the button holes in the machine, but I chose to hand sew my button holes. I just prefer to hand sew button holes using a closely spaced blanket stitch. I find hand sewing to be relaxing and almost meditative. I sewed the button holes yesterday and I sewed on the buttons this morning.
Here's the whole set:
I have one more length of cotton flannel fabric that I have bought. I have plans to sew another nightdress with it. Just not sure if I want to sew it now or wait awhile.