Thursday, August 2, 2018


Today's main task was the appointment with the podiatrist in the afternoon.  I also wanted to fit in a visit to the pet supplies store to buy flea medications and sprays.

After I woke up (at 9:30 a.m.), and had a cup of coffee, I replied to blog comments, commented on a few blogs, put away the laundry from yesterday and did a load of laundry - the knitted patchwork blanket I used to have on my bed, washed the dishes, mopped the kitchen floor prior to putting down the newly washed kitchen rug, called in a medication refill, paid two bills (gas and the utilities bill), and emailed my supervisor at work, about my time sheets for this pay period.

There was also an email from our HR, stating that my 35 years service pin will be awarded at the up-coming department-wide staff meeting and asking me to confirm that I will be there for it!  The meeting starts at 8:00 a.m., with a continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m.  It means an earlier start to my day than I like (I'd have to leave home by 7:00 a.m., at the latest to be in on time for the meeting and earlier if I want to attend the breakfast), but, I responded to the email stating I plan to be there for it!  I have another doctor's appointment for that afternoon, so, I need to decide if I want to attend the meeting and come home and then go downtown, again, for the doctor's appointment, or, if I want to spent the rest of the morning at the office, doing some retirement-related paperwork, or what.  I guess I'll decide closer to the date.

Then, I had a yogurt for brunch and went to my podiatrist's appointment. 

The appointment went well.  I was there 15 minutes prior to my appointment time and was called in at my appointment time without undue delays.  The podiatrist checked my feet and pronounced them to be fine, encouraged me to wear socks even when I am at home (I like to walk bare foot at home), told me to elevate my feet as much as I can to reduce the swelling I've been experiencing lately, and to call for an appointment if there was any concern; if not, he will see me again in November for another routine check up. 

I had received another letter from the insurance, last week, stating that I had met my co-pay limit for this year.  I took the letter with me so that the receptionist could make a copy of it for their files.  I also begged her to make sure that Esther in their billing services received a copy of this letter, because I had been dealing with her over the billing for last December's office visit copay, up until last month and I still don't know if that has been settled! 

Then, I drove back and went to the pet supplies store and bought another container of indoor flea spray ($18), a container of outdoor flea spray ($25, but on sale for $22), a bucket of cat litter refill ($9.99 because I took the old container to refill; $11.99 if you buy a new prefilled container), and another box of flea medications to apply to Dancer ($70 for 4 doses).  My total came to $122.88 with tax. 

By then, it was around 4:00 p.m. and I was getting hungry!  I stopped by the subway sandwich place and bought a foot-long cold cuts sandwich for $4.99 (the 6-inch one was $4.79).  I requested lettuce, spinach, tomato, cucumber, pickles, and bell pepper, on my sandwich, with honey mustard dressing, on an Italian herb and cheese bread roll.  After I came home, I ate half of the sandwich and ate some grapes for dessert.  I ate part of the other half for an early dinner; the rest is in the fridge for brunch, tomorrow.

I called and checked to see if my refill was ready for pick up, but it wasn't.  That's OK; I'll pick it up, tomorrow and go to the bank in the same trip.

I put away the blanket that I had washed in the morning and put one of the quilts from daughter's bed to wash.  Each washed and dried quilt and blanket will be put into old pillow cases and stored in the linen closet until they will be needed again in the winter. 

Daughter called when she got home from her workshop and we chatted for awhile.  Back when I did multivariate statistics as a grad  student, I used scientific calculators and none of the computer programs that they use now, but, I love the fact that she discusses what she's learning and doing at the workshop, with me, just as if I knew what she was saying!  LOL.  Apparently, the professor who is conducting this week's workshop is urging her to do a PhD, saying she'll do well! 

Today, I am grateful for:
- The appointment with the podiatrist went well; he said my feet looked good
- Letter from the insurance company stating I had met my co-pay requirements for this year
- A safe drive to the clinic and back
- Air conditioning in the car
- All what I was able to accomplish, today

Thursday's To Do List:
- Doctor's appointment - DONE
- Buy more flea spray - both for indoors and outdoors - DONE
- See if they have a different type of flea medications and buy some- DONE
- Get another bucket of kitty litter - DONE
- Put away laundry - DONE
- Do another load - DONE
- Pay bills (2) - DONE
- Comb Dancer - DONE (oh, he did NOT like it one little bit, today!)
- Go to the bank - FRIDAY
- Do the dishes - DONE
- Mop kitchen floor - DONE
- Call in medication refill - DONE
- Pick up refill - FRIDAY

Friday's To Do List:
- Bank
- P/U refill
- Put away laundry
- Wash another quilt
- Spray the garden
- Dust the living room
- Vacuum

How was your Thursday?  What have you planned for Friday?


  1. You had a busy day. It feels good when you manage to get so much done, doesn't it.
    I don't understand about the co-pay. Does this mean that you won't have to pay any more this year or does it mean the opposite and that you have to pay in full?

    1. It does feel good to get most of the day's to do list completed, Eileen. I am hoping, however, that once I get further into retirement, all these accumulated tasks will be completed and I won't have to be quite so busy! I feel like I've barely had any time to just sit and relax and work on a craft!

      As for the co-pay, yes, what it means is that I don't have to pay anything out of my own pocket for any further doctor's visits and prescriptions for the rest of the year. However, I think that will change once I am officially retired, because then, I have to change insurance and it will be different rules. But, at least until then, I won't have to pay. :)

  2. You've been a busy bee! I hope you take time to relax too. :)

    1. Thank you, Nil. Yes, I have been busy, haven't I? But, today, I took the time to go to the library and checked out a book; I've spent part of the afternoon, reading (in between doing laundry!) :)


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.