I went to bed a little after 3:30 a.m., last night and woke up at 11:00 a.m., today, when my neighbor T called for our Sunday morning chat! Needless to say, I didn't do much during the remainder of the morning. One of my friends had sent an email and I read and responded to it; then, replied to blog comments, and read and commented on a couple of other blogs.
In the afternoon, I put away the laundry from yesterday, hand washed a few items, and washed the last quilt that I had on my bed. I have now washed both blankets and both quilts I used to have on my bed, and one blanket and one quilt that were on my daughter's bed. I still have one more quilt and three more knitted/crocheted blankets to wash!
In the evening, after tea, I vacuumed the house. I had put a new vacuum cleaner bag and, after I finished, I tossed the bag, even though there was hardly anything in it, just in case there were any fleas or eggs. I had worn a pair of white socks and my eye glasses while I vacuumed so I could easily see if anything got on my socks, but I didn't notice anything, so I am cautiously optimistic! Nevertheless, I sprayed the sofas, the area rugs, and the drapes, put new dust sheets on the family room sofas, and laundered the old dust sheets.
In between, I read several more chapters from the library book and video chatted with my daughter, except the video part didn't work - it hasn't been working for the past several days, actually, with the video freezing; so it is more like a phone conversation, which isn't quite as satisfying, because we can't see each other.
Today, I am grateful for:
- The washing machine can handle queen size quilts
- The one large drying rack can accommodate the queen size quilts
- It is hot enough for the quilts to air dry in a day
- Leftovers from yesterday's lunch out for today's lunch
- Fans to help cool the air during this current heatwave!
Sunday's To Do List:
- Vacuum - DONE
- Change my bed sheets - MONDAY
- Change the sofa dust covers - DONE
- Put away the dried laundry - DONE
- Do additional loads of laundry - DONE
- Paperwork - MONDAY
Monday's To Do List:
- Change my bed sheets
- Put away laundry
- Do more laundry
- Appointment with financial planner
- Clean out the fridge
- Take trash cans to the curb
- Water the indoor plants
- Check and spray the front walkway again if needed
So, that was my Sunday. How was your Sunday? Did you have a good weekend? What are your plans for Monday?