Monday, March 28, 2016

Monday: Injection and End of Spring Break

Daughter's week of spring break is over.  She returned to Berkeley, this afternoon.  That week sure went by quickly!  But she managed to enjoy a nice break, sleeping in on several days, getting together with friends a few times, and relaxing in between accompanying me to the clinic and running errands for me.  I loved having her home.  But I won't miss her too much because she'll be coming back again to accompany me to the next chemo session on Friday! 

I managed to have a relatively good day, today.   I had no trouble falling asleep once I went to bed, but I didn't get to bed until after 1:00 a.m.  As a result, it was a bit hard to wake up when the alarm went off at 7:00 a.m.  But I had an appointment for an injection at the clinic at 8:30 a.m. and I wanted to leave the house before 7:30 a.m., as it takes about an hour to get to the clinic during morning rush hour.

I went to the clinic in the morning for my injection and back without any problems (I went by myself, leaving daughter to sleep-in a bit).  It rained a bit during the drive, but there weren't any weather-related accidents.  I was hoping that some of the rain would reach my home, but the ground was dry around my neighborhood.  It wasn't a lot of rain, but any rain would have benefited the garden.

Later in the afternoon, I felt tired and took a nap.  I also had some aches and pains and a headache in the afternoon, so I took 2 Tylenols.  A walk in the garden and some fresh air also helped with the headache.  As far as side effects go, they are not too bad.  I really can't complain. 

Daughter took out the green yard waste bin to the curb for me before she left in the afternoon.  Technically, we are not supposed to take the trash cans out until after 6:00 p.m. the night before trash collection day, but the yard waste bin was heavy and I needed a little help with it.  In any case, lots of my neighbors put out their trash cans much earlier in the day.  I took the black trash bin to the curb, later in the evening (it was only half full and not heavy, at all).

One of my friends called me in the evening to check on me and I enjoyed a nice chat with her.  And, of course, I've been video chatting with daughter, now that she's back in her apartment.

I have to go in for another injection tomorrow morning.  The appointment is at 8:30 a.m., again, so I plan to get up early.  I will try to get to bed before 1:00 a.m. tonight, so I can get a bit more sleep! 

Today, I am grateful for:

- Daughter had a safe journey back to Berkeley.
- I had a safe drive to the clinic and back in the morning.
- Relatively mild side effects.
- An afternoon nap.
- Video chatting with daughter.

Hope you have had a good day today and a great start to your week. 


  1. Proud daughter had a safe flight back , and home safely.
    Know you miss her. Happy she got to spend her spring break with you. Know she enjoyed that too.
    Have a blessed week.. Hope you have a really good day tomorrow.. And any and all side effects will be gone soon.

    1. Thank you, Judy. Just a few aches and pains, today, but I took a Tylenol for that. Not a lot of energy, either, so just taking it easy. Hope you are having a blessed day.

  2. I'm glad your daughter enjoyed her spring break and you are doing alright. My Monday was good. I worked, which after the past 2 work days I was totally dreading, but the day went really good.

    1. Jess, so happy to hear that work went well, yesterday, and you had a good day. Hope you are having a good day, today, too.


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.