|The Cat Quilt|
The latest quilt is done! It started out being a scrappy, "stash buster" quilt. I didn't start out with a particular quilt design in mind, but let it evolve as I sewed it. I've shared the process here on the blog in previous posts.
|"Stash Buster" Quilt|
Midway through piecing the top, I knew I had to incorporate the eight cat blocks I had made earlier. Seven of the blocks featured a cat that was sort of plopped down and one had a cat that was sitting more upright. That last block didn't look right on the top of the quilt (and I had made a mistake with the proportions when I made it) but, I knew I will include it, somewhere in the quilt!
|The Eighth Cat Block|
Once I attached the cat blocks, I knew what this quilt was going to be called and I had the perfect (or should that be "purr-fect"?) piece of fabric in my stash to use as the backing!
|The "Purr-fect" Backing!|
And the 8th Cat Block!
I had bought the cat fabric more than 10 years ago! I had wanted to make a quilt with it for my daughter, but, she thought the colors were dull and I couldn't bring myself to cut it up for tote bags, etc. So it sat in my stash until now!
I tied the quilt along the inner borders and did a line of machine quilting along the outside borders (which caused the borders to pucker!) I did a line of hand quilting outlining the cats in the cat blocks and a heart.
|Outline Quilting on the Cat Blocks|
I quilted the date on the bottom of the quilt:
(and a portion of the line of machine quilting along the border)
A big thank you to Dancer for his assistance with this quilt!
|The Best Quilter's Assistant!|