|Mother's Day Treat|
Dancer let me sleep in a little before he demanded breakfast! Then, my daughter called to wish me for Mothers' Day and the day was off to a good start. I spent a relaxed morning replying to blog comments and reading other blogs. Then, I made myself some waffles for brunch, as planned. Except, it was early afternoon by then and I wanted something a bit more substantial than berries and syrup with my waffles. So, I had my waffles with leftover fish curry, which was just right! I was going to have a waffle with the berries afterwards, but, I eventually had it after dinner, for dessert - waffles with syrup, freshly picked blueberries, and whipped topping! Delicious!
There were several phone calls and texts from family and friends, and friend S (not neighbor S), invited me to come and have some barbecue with her family; it was very kind of her to do so, but, I declined the invitation, explaining that I was not going out much, yet.
I had selected the following items to do on Sunday and I am happy to say that I did most of them!
- Finish the pantry inventory
- My mother, my daughter, and being a mother, myself.
- Not having sciatica pains and being able to do all the things I need to do to live on my own
- Phone calls and well wishes from family and friends; my friend's invitation to dinner
- Blueberries from the garden
- Water for the garden
- Take the trash cans to the curb