|Temporary Rosary Altar|
After I came home, I did a load of laundry - the sofa dust sheets, tables cloths, and kitchen towels, etc., and put away the washed dishes and extra paper goods, from yesterday. "Erasing the Evidence" we used to call it on the organizing forum I used to be on - put away all the items and restore the place back to how it was, without leaving any evidence of the activity that took place, recently.
I took down the temporary rosary altar I had set up on the living room mantel, too. The statue of Our Lady is usually kept on the shelf in the closet in my daughter's room, where a more permanent altar was set up by my mother (it used to be her bedroom when she was alive). That altar is a very multi-religious altar, with Buddhist, Christian, and Hindu religious statues and pictures.
The other permanent altar in the house is a Buddhist altar in the living room:
|The Living Room Permanent Altar|
The darker Buddha statue on the shelf was a gift from a family friend; the white Buddha statue on top of the bookcase was a gift from the monks at the Temple.
After a late lunch of leftovers, I took a piece of the cake over to neighbor T. I froze the rest of it, to share with my daughter when she visits, next.
I still have the bottles of drinks to be put away in one of the upper kitchen cabinets and the table cloths. I will probably do that, tomorrow.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Friend R's company and help with the prayer gathering
- A relaxed morning after yesterday's activities
- Getting practically everything put away
- Being able to renew some library material online (one items could not be renewed as it had a hold on it)
- My cell phone didn't break when Dancer pushed it off the table and it fell!
Sunday's To Do List:
- Take friend R home - DONE
- Do laundry - DONE
- Put away the washed dishes - DONE
- Rest! - IN PROGRESS
Monday's To Do List:
- Lint roller (to remove cat fur) and recover the sofas with dust sheets
- Put away the bottles of drinks
- Put away the laundry
- Do another load of laundry
- Return the library book that couldn't be renewed
- Water the garden
- Take the trash cans and recycling bins out to the curb for pick up on Tuesday
How was your Sunday? What are your plans for Monday?