Winter Joy List:
1. Greet the New Year with my daughter (and maybe some friends) - Had friends over to dinner on New Year's Eve; they left before midnight, but I greeted the New Year with my daughter. Later, on New Year's Day, daughter and I went over to an aunt's house to her annual New Year's Day luncheon/open house, for what turned out to be the last time, as aunt died just three weeks later.
2. Hot chocolate - with whipped cream! - Couldn't do that due to dietary changes!
3. A warm house - Oh, yes! And don't I have the heating bills to prove it! LOL!
4. Cozy knitted blankets and throws - I had them all out on various couches, within easy reach!
5. Winter decorations - The Christmas decorations stayed up well into January! After that, I had some winter flower arrangements with pine branches and paperwhites (and the occasional rose).
6. Homemade soup - Several pots of homemade soup - chicken and vegetable, beef and vegetable, tomato, etc.
7. Candle light in the evenings - For one reason or another, I didn't light any candles in the evenings. I don't know why, because I like seeing lit candles.
8. Continue to enjoy the rest of daughter's holiday visit - She was home for two weeks and I enjoyed every moment of it; she also came home for the weekend in early March for her birthday weekend!.
9. After-Christmas sales! - Didn't really do a lot of after Christmas shopping.
10. The Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt - Participated to the extent possible
11. Reading - Borrowed a few books and magazines from the library; received a book from a blog friend, which I am currently reading
12. Afternoon naps - Not as many as I would have liked, but spent many afternoons relaxing on the sofa, reading.
13. Relaxed days after the holiday rush - Um, perhaps a bit too relaxed! Feel like I didn't accomplish much!
14. Afternoon walks - Not as many as I should have taken!
15. Winter gardening - Planted a new peach tree; put down some vegetable seeds, some of which sprouted! And the front garden is simply delightful with all the flowers blooming:
|Flowers in the Front Garden|
Did anyone else do a Winter Joy list? Will you be doing a Spring Joy List? Will I do a Spring Joy List?