|Dancer making sure that the table stays uncluttered!|
Shortly after breakfast, I drove her to the airport. Her flight was at 1:00 p.m., but she needed to be at the airport by 11:30 a.m. I dropped her off and came home. On my way inside, I checked my mail box and collected the two pieces of mail that had been delivered. As is my usual habit, I put my purse and the mail on the big dining table, only to be reminded by Dancer that I had told myself that I would keep that table surface cleared! So, I dealt with the two pieces of mail, right away! And, before I put my purse away, I cleaned it out! Yay, me! It still weighs more than a purse should, and I probably still carry more than what I should, but, there's nothing in there that I don't want to have with me!
Later in the afternoon, I called the eye doctor's office, as I had received an authorization letter from my medical provider; it was to authorize the upcoming appointment which had been made for later this month. I confirmed the date and place (a different office than where I had gone, earlier), and that there was parking available at the site. I have three medical appointments scheduled for this month and a lab test which needs to be done prior to the first appointment.
After that, I changed the bed sheets on my daughter's bed, vacuumed the bedrooms, my bathroom, and the hallway (again), took the recycling out to the recycling bin, and took the trash can and big recycling bin to the curb for collection, tomorrow.
I also cleared the surface of the small dining table that is in the family room:
|Family Room Table|
Daughter called to let me know when she arrived at the Oakland airport. From there, she takes the subway to Berkeley and takes a bus from the Berkeley station to her apartment, or, sometimes, walks (a little under 2 miles). Today, she said she took the bus from the subway station, as her backpack was very heavy.
After evening tea, I watched news, did a load of laundry and hung it up to dry overnight, had leftovers for dinner, and did some knitting. There were a couple of other programs on TV that I also watched while I knitted and did paperwork. Finally, I started tidying my bedroom, dusting the top of the chest of drawers. I was tempted to procrastinate on that and put it off until tomorrow, but I didn't! Still to do - the bedside table/night stand, the top of the dressing table, and my desk, which is piled with stuff, once again! Cousin P called me in the evening and we had a nice chat. Later, cousin N texted and I texted her back.
All in all, it has been a productive day and I am pleased with what I was able to accomplish.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Daughter had a safe flight back and a safe rest of the journey to her apartment
- I was able to make her one of her favorite breakfasts before she had to leave
- Being able to send food back with her
- A dry day and even a little sunshine in the afternoon
- All what I was able to accomplish, today
To Do List for Monday:
- Take daughter to the airport - DONE
- Remake daughter's bed with fresh bed sheets - DONE
- Do a load of laundry - DONE (hanging up overnight to dry)
- Vacuum the bedrooms and my bathroom - DONE
- Take the trash cans to the curb - DONE
- Start tidying my bedroom - STARTED (dusted top of chest of drawers)
- Paperwork/pay gas bill - DONE
- Call Dr's office - DONE
To Do List for Tuesday:
- Bring the trash cans in
- Mail the gas bill payment
- Put away the dried laundry
- Handwash the grey sweater
- Tidy my bedside table - top and 2 drawers
- Buy eggs
- Put gas to the car
- 30 mins. of paperwork
- Do dishes
How was your Monday? Did you have a good start to your week?