I had posted a list of planned joyful activities for October, earlier in the month. What I tried to do was put together a list of joyful activities that I could look forward to doing during the month. I didn't want it to be another "to do" list, however; I was trying to incorporate a little intentional joy into my days.
- Online Temple services - Participated in online Temple services, especially the Kathina (end of rainy season retreat) service.
- Craft projects - Knitted.
- Music - Played the piano, listened to music.
- Art - Enjoyed seeing and sharing my daughter's sketches and drawings.
- Gardening - Planted the moringa plants, weeded and raked over one planting bed to facilitate the germination of self-sowed osteospermum seeds, picked roses and other flowers, picked feijoa guavas and pomegranates, and planted a mini victory garden of cool weather vegetables (snow peas, carrots, chard, turnips, broccoli, and radish; maybe about six seeds of each!):
|Mini Victory Garden|
- Decorating for Halloween? - Didn't. Just didn't feel like decorating.
- Reading - Not a lot of reading for pleasure, this month, either.
- Participate in the monthly photo mini challenge - I enjoyed participating in this month's photo mini-challenge.
- Bake something (when cool enough to do so) - Baked corn bread muffins and shared with friend C
|Corn Bread Muffins|
October has been a little stressful for me, but, I am happy that I was able to incorporate some purposeful joy into my days.