In September, I did an Autumn Joy List, which was my very first attempt at listing joyful things to do. I posted an update, here. I was able to accomplish quite a lot of the items that were on my Autumn joy list and so, buoyed by that success, I have decided to attempt a Winter joy list! Some of the items are repeats, but that's OK, I think.
Winter Joy List:
1. Continue to begin and end each day with prayer
2. Continue to enjoy drinking my favorite tea in my special cup and saucer
3. Continue to chat daily with my daughter
4. Hold my annual year-end almsgiving (scheduled for Sunday, December 4)
5. Decorate my house for winter/Christmas
6. My daughter's visit home for the holidays
7. Make/send some holiday greeting cards
8. Attend the December prayer gathering
9. Meet my late friend's baby granddaughter (4 months old)
10. Hot cocoa!
11. Celebrate the holidays with family and friends (not sure what we'll do for Christmas, but New Year's Day will be at an aunt's)
12. Make a special cake with daughter when she comes down for the holidays
13. Take some vacation time off during the holidays
14. Enjoy some candle light in the evenings
15. Make a list (of holiday gifts to give); check it twice!
16. Make/buy holiday gifts to give
17. Visit the library
18. Take the donations to the food bank
19. Spend more time gardening
20. Listen to holiday music
21. Play the piano
22. Sing some carols
23. Watch Midnight Mass from the Vatican
24. Visit my neighbors for the holidays
25. Go out to lunch or dinner at a favorite restaurant with daughter
Will you be making a Joy list for the rest of this year?