Once again, I couldn't fall asleep, last night. It was 4:15 a.m. when I last looked at the clock. Then, I woke up at 6:00 a.m.! But, I managed to go back to sleep and slept till 9:00 a.m. I tried to return to sleep, but couldn't and a certain kitty was asking for breakfast, so, I got up. I figured I could always take a nap in the afternoon, if I needed to, but I didn't feel sleepy in the afternoon.
I spent the rest of the morning doing office work. Later, in the early afternoon, I ran my errands. The pharmacy had texted saying one of my prescription refills was ready; I picked it up, then bought some sympathy cards and a birthday card, and did my grocery shopping. Put gas to the car, too, so I don't have to think about that during the holiday weekend.
Came home and vacuumed and tidied the bedrooms (just mine and daughter's; the guest room will be done, later), changed my bed sheets, did the laundry, hung it up to dry, and decorated the house for Thanksgiving. I only have two Thanksgiving decorations; the wreath shown above (made several years ago) and the decorated broom, below, (which I renewed, last year). It makes it easy to decorate! Then, I did a little more office work.
My daughter called to say her office closed early, at 3:00 p.m., for the holiday! She was booked on a flight that was scheduled to leave at 8:15 p.m. and she asked me what I suggested she should do. I told her to go to the airport early and see if she could get an earlier flight at no extra cost. She called me after she got to the airport and said she was on stand-by for a flight leaving at 6:15 p.m., then, again, at 6:00 p.m. saying she was able to get a seat on that flight and had boarded the plane! So she came home earlier than expected and we're having a longer evening together! She had brought some food home with her: some noodles she had cooked and some wild rice; I reheated a packet of cooked meat I had in the freezer and some of the curries I had in the fridge and we had a buffet dinner!
Wednesday's To Do List:
- Office work - DONE
- Tidy/dust/vacuum bedrooms - DONE
- Change bedding - DONE
- Launder sheets - DONE
- Decorate for Thanksgiving - DONE
- Pharmacy for refill - DONE
- Buy sympathy cards and birthday card - DONE
- Grocery shop to buy half and half for daughter, cat food, maybe bread - DONE
- Pick up daughter from airport -DONE
- Call cousin - DONE
I am so glad I was able to get my To Do list done, today!
Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) To Do List:
- Put away laundry
- Bake corn bread and banana bread
- Do the dishes
- Go to aunt's house to celebrate Thanksgiving
Back in September, at the beginning of Autumn, I had been inspired to write a list of joy. It was a list of 25 seasonal things and activities that would bring joy from the beginning of Autumn until Thanksgiving. Well, Thanksgiving is almost here, so I thought I'll update the list to see how I've done.
List of Autumn Joys:
11. Celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family - Will be doing so, tomorrow.
14. Go out to lunch with sister (I invited her, but she couldn't make it)
17. Continue to work on on-going craft projects
23. Bake something when it is cooler - Will be baking tomorrow - corn bread and banana bread
24. Visit my neighbors
I accomplished most of the activities on my Joy list! I couldn't go out to lunch with my sister or visit my neighbors (although one visited me) and I didn't do much on the craft projects, either. But that's OK. I am happy with what I was able to do and each activity brought me joy. I think I shall make another Joy list after Thanksgiving, for joyous activities from now till the end of the year.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Daughter getting an earlier flight home
- Daughter having a safe flight home
- Starting our holiday weekend that much earlier, as a result
- The garden showing new growth after the rain
- Getting my To Do list done
How was your Wednesday? If you are celebrating Thanksgiving, tomorrow, I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving.