Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tuesday's Doings

Today, has been a fairly quiet day. I went for my 2nd injection in the morning and came back without any problems.  Washed one of daughter's blankets and hung it up to dry.  Then, had a banana for breakfast. 

Spent the rest of the morning doing office work.  My supervisor had sent me a status update request, so I  did that, as well.

Lunch was rice, leftover deep fried egg curry, cabbage, tomato chutney, and pappadum. 

In the afternoon, I took a nap.  Later, I did more office work.

In the evening, I watered the front garden.  And washed another quilt.  I am washing the blankets and quilts that were on daughter's bed, so she'll have freshly laundered bedding when she comes home this weekend.

I had a nutritional drink instead of tea, this evening, and half a toasted bagel.  I had been feeling a bit nauseated, so, took one of the anti-nausea medications, at daughter's insistence (I try to "tough it out" as much as I can). 

I am hoping I will be able to sleep at a decent time, tonight, and that tomorrow will be a better day.

Today, I am grateful for:

- A good drive to the clinic and back.
- A productive morning.
- Afternoon naps.
- Medicine for the nausea.
- Getting the laundry done.

So, as you can see, a fairly quiet, ordinary day. 

How was your day?


  1. I hope you are taking care when washing heavy things like quilts. It sounds a productive day. x

    1. Thanks. Yesterday's quilt wasn't very heavy and the machine did most of the work. I've one to wash today that's bigger, but it should be OK.

  2. Dear Bless, I was happy to read that you seemed to have regained your appetite but then went on to see you were nauseous at night. I'm glad you let your daughter persuade you to take the medication. Like you, I try to tough it out as much as I can, but sometimes you just have to take a pill. Yesterday morning, before I went shopping, I had no energy and I was thinking that maybe I should take one of those decongestant pills that got me all hyper last shopping day when I was sick, lol. But I suppose that's how people get hooked onto things that aren't good for them... I'm thinking that I should write a warning on the box so next time I'm congested, I remember the effect it had on me (couldn't sleep at night and went shopping like the Energizer Bunny the next morning!).

    I hope you had a good night and that you have no nausea today.

    Tell your daughter I wish her good luck at her presentation tomorrow! When will she know the results? Do they tell her right away if she passed?

    1. Thank you, the nausea is better, today.

      I am glad you didn't take the decongestant just for the energy rush.

      I'll tell my daughter you wished her good luck. She will know in a few days. The examining professors will confer with one another to go over their ratings and notify someone at the office for the particular major and that person will email the students and let them know. Daughter is hoping she'll be notified sooner than later, because, if she doesn't pass, she needs to reschedule another thesis presentation and there's not much time before graduation is scheduled to take place (mid-May).

  3. Bless , I am so sorry you had the nausea today..Proud you took the medicine. And hope you slept well last night [I am reading this on Wed].
    So happy daughter will be home with you this weekend.. Know you and she both , missed each other these 2 weeks. I miss my grown kids too. smile.
    Take care of yourself, and rest , when you need to. Praying for you.

    1. Thank you, Judy. I slept well and am feeling better, today.

      Yes, looking forward to seeing daughter this weekend. :)

      Thank you for the prayers.

      Hope you are having a good week with all what you have to do.

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.