I did a couple of loads of laundry, today, including the knitted blankets I had out on the sofas, took down the Christmas items in the living room and dining room, did more dishes, and made a pot of chicken and vegetables soup:
|Chicken and Vegetables Soup|
Breakfast had been the last banana, before it got overripe; lunch was two bowls of the chicken soup. Later, in the evening, instead of my usual cup of tea, I had another bowl of the chicken soup and a slice of bread and butter because my sugar level was low. Dinner was a scrambled egg on multi-grain bread, toasted, and a slice of spicy, dehydrated mango for dessert.
I called my doctor in the morning with a question about my blood pressure medications, and left a message for her; she didn't call me back, so I called again in the evening and left another message. However, she didn't return my call. I suppose I will have to call again, tomorrow! In the meantime, I am checking everything I am supposed to be checking and doing what I can to keep things even. The blood pressure has been good; not too low but not high enough to take anything.
I read a bit in the afternoon, but I am unable to finish my second library book before it is due tomorrow. So, I renewed both books online and will return them both before the next due date. I am glad I am able to renew library books online.
Cousin P called to check on me in the afternoon and we chatted awhile. Aunt C called, too, and friend R. I called my cousin R to see how she was doing as she is a special-ed teacher and the teachers union is on strike!
Today, I am grateful for:
- Rain for the garden and the newly planted peach tree
- Soup from the freezer and cabinets
- Warm sweaters and scarves
- Phone calls from family and friends
- Being able to renew library books online
Tuesday's To Do List:
- Grocery shop (if not raining!)
- Do a load of laundry - DONE
- Put away the Christmas decorations! (Yes, the tree is still up!) - DID SOME
- Do some housework - DID DISHES; WIPED DOWN KITCHEN COUNTERS
Wednesday's To Do List:
- Call the doctor's office, again
- Reschedule Thursday's medical appointment (severe rain in the forecast)
- Put away the rest of the Christmas decorations
- Housework: dust the living room, dining room, and family room