Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Visiting on Monday

Today, cousin P called in the morning, around 11:30 a.m., to say that she and her daughter will be visiting one of her aunts, who had been in the hospital, in ICU, later in the afternoon.  I had asked her to let me know when they were going to see her aunt, so I could get a ride with them to go and see her.  She's not actually related to me, but I've known her all my life, and call her aunt, myself.  Cousin said they were planning to leave around 1:00 or 1:30 p.m., which was fine with me.  I spent the rest of the morning responding to blog comments, reading and commenting on one or two other blogs, checking emails, etc.

I was dressed and ready when cousin P called around 1:30 p.m.  Her cousin R had called her and said that aunt was being taken in for a CAT Scan and she will call P when that was over to let her know when it would be OK for a visit.  Well, there was nothing to do about that, other than wait for the phone call.

The optometrist's office called to say my glasses were ready, but I didn't want to go anywhere in case cousin P called to say they were ready to leave.  So, I arranged to pick up the glasses tomorrow morning, instead.  I didn't want to start any new projects while I waited, either, so I cut out another set of pillowcases, but didn't sew them.  Instead, I cooked some pasta "noodles" for lunch, watched some news, and played computer games.  

I had just made a cup of tea around 5:00 p.m., when cousin P called to say her cousin R had called,  her aunt was home from the hospital, and she and her daughter will be leaving shortly.  I took the trash cans out to the curb and was waiting outside when they came to pick me up.  We got there around 6:30 p.m. and left around 9:00 p.m.  Aunt was so happy to see us all.  She was looking remarkably well for someone who had been in ICU for several days, last week, and had just been released a couple of hours earlier.  On the way back, we stopped at a hamburger place and had something for dinner.  It was almost 11:00 p.m. when we got home.  Then, I video chatted with my daughter for a bit.

Today, I am grateful for:
- Cousin and her daughter giving me a ride to visit aunt
- Seeing aunt looking as well as she did
- Dinner out with cousin and her daughter
- Video chatting with my daughter
- Emails and texts from family and friends

Tuesday's To Do List:
- Optometrist's office to pick up my glasses
- Fabric store for quilt batting, thread, maybe fabric for my bedroom curtain
- Bring the trash cans in
- Do some other shopping (maybe)

How was your Monday?  What have you planned for Tuesday?


  1. Well related or unrelated...you sure have lots of relatives and friends, all so good! Andrea

    1. Yes, I do have a large family, don't I? :) My mother was one of 9 siblings; her mother was the oldest of 14 siblings. My mother had some 50+ first cousins! She used to say that they didn't need to invite anyone else when they had a celebration - just the family was a party!

  2. It's hard to be in waiting mode, isn't it? But you seem to have made good use of the time without getting into anything too involved. I'm so glad that your "aunt" was looking well and was happy to see you all. No doubt she was relieved to get home and see loved ones.
    This morning I went for a payout at the consignment store and in addition I had to bring home the 4 items that had not sold as they are selling their business soon. So I shall be making a trip to a charity shop this week, those things are not going to hang around in my house again!
    The weather was balmy today, and we even ate lunch on our deck, which was great as this is not the season for it. Alas, yesterday and Sunday were not nice at all, but we did have a lovely visit with family. When they were leaving I rushed out with something they had forgotten, then later found that granddaughter had managed to leave shoes, a barrette and 3 library books. Next time I won't let them out of the door until I have checked everywhere! 😋

    1. Too funny about your granddaughter leaving so many things behind! Hope the library books aren't due yet!

      Our weather is getting cooler, now. It's still nice, but fall is definitely here.


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.