Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Busy Tuesday

The sound of the phone ringing woke me up, this morning.  I usually have a knee-jerk reaction to the sound of the phone ringing which is to answer the phone at the first ring!  But, I am now realizing that I need to screen my calls to a certain extent, because I am getting a lot telemarketing types of calls and because, sometimes, it is just not convenient for me to talk on the phone.  This morning, for example, I didn't want to answer the phone, as I was not ready to wake up!  I let it go to the answering machine, but no one left a message.  However, I couldn't go back to sleep, so, I got up.  When the phone rang again, not quite five minutes later, I was brushing my teeth.  Again, I let it go to the answering machine, as I wasn't willing to answer the phone with a mouthful of toothpaste.  Again, no one left a message.

I spent the rest of the morning having my coffee, replying to blog comments, and writing out my to do list for the day.   The main item on my agenda for the day was my optometrist appointment which was for 1:00 p.m. and going to the pharmacy to pick up my medication refill.  Then, I paid the gas bill and utility bill, brought the trash cans in, went to the post office, went to the optometrist's, and went to the pharmacy.  At the pharmacy, I requested that the hold I had placed on one of my medications be removed and the prescription filled.  While they were doing that, I went to the dollar store (next door to the pharmacy) and the grocery store (in the same shopping mall).  I was still at the grocery store when I received the text stating my medication was ready, so I went back to the pharmacy and collected it.  By that time, it was past 4:30 p.m. and I was getting tired.

The phone rang as I walked into the house and I let it go to the answering machine; again, no one left a message.  However, there was an earlier message from Aunt T, asking me to call her back.  So, after I put away the groceries, I called her and we chatted for a bit.  By then, it was around 5:00 p.m.  I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I ate some chicken curry and half a waffle and, a little while later, I made myself a cup of tea.

I decided not to go to the knitting group as I was tired and I decided not to go for a walk because I had been on my feet, walking in the various stores, for 2 1/2 hours, from 2:00 p.m. to after 4:30 p.m. 

I was having my tea when cousin P called.  Apparently, when Aunt T couldn't reach me, she had called cousin P to ask her where I was!  LOL.  She does the same with me, when she can't get through to cousin P!  Cousin P had told her that I was probably at a doctor's appointment or gone shopping.  So I had a chat with cousin P for a bit.  While I was talking to her, my daughter texted, so I called her back after I got off the phone with cousin P.  I had just hung up with daughter, when Aunt T called again!  She is worried about something and we discussed it, but there is only so much I can do to help her.  Afterwards, I called cousin P to ask her opinion if I should call Aunt T's daughter, R.  Cousin P thought I should, so I called cousin R and spoke with her for a bit.

Later in the evening, as I was getting ready to cook dinner, my friend R (not to be confused with cousin R), called!  Today was the day for phone calls, I guess!  I chatted with her for a bit and then, cooked the shrimp I had bought, earlier in the day.  I will do a grocery post, tomorrow, when the photos upload!

Still later, I video chatted with daughter. 

Today, I am grateful for:
- Vision insurance
- Getting new eye glasses
- Being able to get my prescription filled without any delays
- Being able to run many of my errands, today
- Keeping in touch with family and friends!

Tuesday's To Do List:
- Bring the trash cans in - DONE
- Pay bills - DONE
- Post office - DONE
- Optometrist - 1:00 p.m. - DONE
- Dollar store - DONE
- Grocery store - DONE
- Pharmacy - DONE
- Attend knitting group? - NO
- Daily walk (30 mins) - NO

Wednesday's To Do List:
- Make a card for half-brother
- Post office to mail the card
- Animal shelter to take donations (couldn't do it, earlier)
- Daily walk (30 mins)
- Laundry
- Water indoor plants
- Start cleaning the 3rd bedroom

How was your Tuesday?  What are your plans for Wednesday?


  1. I think it's a good idea to let the phone ring when you aren't ready to answer it. If it's important, they'll leave a message.

    1. That's what I think, Live and Learn; that they'll leave a message if it's important. I also don't always remember to check to see if I had any missed calls, if the answering machine is not blinking. So, I always tell my friends and family, leave me a message, if you want me to call you back. Doesn't always work, though!

  2. I was also out today (in the rain) to do a little shopping. I decided that since I will be going up north, I should take my Christmas presents with me to save on the expensive shipping charges later on. Because I only give stockings, I didn't have to put a lot of thought into my purchases. Most of the presents I give my family are gag gifts anyways, so I only need to think creatively and I don't need to spend a lot of money. I'll try to remember to take photos to show you AFTER the New Year.

    It is great that you managed to do so many errands today. Your to-do list for Wednesday is looking verrry long. Good luck.

    1. That's good that you will be able to take your Christmas presents with you, Susan; shipping things can cost a lot. I used to send mostly handmade gifts to my nieces' children and I'd spend more on the shipping than on the gifts! These last two years, I have just sent gift cards to a book store and that has been easier! I'm looking forward to seeing your gag gifts. :)

      I am not sure how much I'll be able to do today - was woken up by a phone call and I've a headache from not enough sleep!

  3. One thing jumped out at me as I read, Bless. You said you hadn't eaten anything all day and it was 5 pm! I'm sure you treat the outdoor cats and your car better than you treat yourself. Would you allow your car to run on fumes alone? I'm all for missing lunch if it isn't convenient to stop and eat somewhere, but please, please, do have a breakfast to set you up for the rest of the day! 🍲🍎🍌😋

    1. I appreciate the concern, Bushlady. I know it's bad, but I've never been much of a breakfast person. I have a cup of tea or coffee, with milk and sugar, when I get up (which is around 10:00 a.m., these days) and consider that as breakfast! But, I shall make an effort to eat something in the mornings. :)


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.