Monday, March 5, 2018

Getting Back to Normal on Monday

Today, daughter's visit came to an end and she had to go back to Berkeley.  Last night, she was saying, she's fine once she's at Berkeley, but, she hates to leave when she comes home.  I suggested she comes down again over the Memorial Day weekend - we'll see how that works out. 

We spent a relaxed morning and I packed up some food for her to take with her - some of the rest of the birthday cake (I froze the remaining portion, which was about one quarter of the cake), some frozen fish curry and frozen vegetable curries (dhal/lentils, green beans, and kale that had been shredded and cooked with grated coconut).  All she'll need to do is boil some rice and she'll have enough for a couple of meals - maybe tonight's dinner and perhaps tomorrow's lunch, if she chooses to do so.  That way, she won't have to cook when she gets home, tonight.

I ran the dishwasher, too, and hand washed my china tea cups and saucers. 

She had an early lunch, before I took her to the airport.  Her flight was delayed an hour, but she wanted to get to the airport at the regular time, just in case.  She said that once or twice, they've said the flight was delayed and then, announced that it has arrived at the usual time and will be departing as originally scheduled!

So, at two o'clock, I dropped her off at the airport, then, went to the pharmacy to pick up my medication refill that was ready for pick up (they had sent me a text this morning, saying it was ready).  Then, I went to the bank since it was located in the same mall area, and decided to put gas to the car on the way home. 

Daughter called a little after 4:00 p.m. to say she had just boarded her flight.  The flight itself is a little over 1 hour, then, it takes another hour or so by subway to get from the airport in Oakland to downtown Berkeley and then, she has to take a bus or walk from the subway station to her apartment.  She called me when she got to her apartment a little after 6:30 p.m. 

Today, I am grateful for:
- Daughter had a safe flight and a safe rest of the journey to her apartment
- Another sunny and warmer day
- Drama free medication refills!
- Being able to run a few errands
- A productive day

In the evening, I emptied the waste baskets and took the kitchen trash, etc. to the big trash can and  took the big trash bin and recycling bin to the curb.  Then, I washed out the kitchen trash can before putting a new trash can liner.  I also did a load of laundry.  After that, I ran out of energy, so the tidying I had planned to do will have to wait (I went to the pharmacy, bank, and put gas to the car, instead, as none of them were in my to do list that I made, yesterday!)  I will spend the rest of the evening knitting and video chatting with daughter and will empty the dishwasher and do the litter box before I sleep,

Monday's To Do List:
- Take daughter to the airport - DONE
- Do the dishes - DONE
- Do some tidying
- Do a load of laundry - DONE
- Pharmacy to pick up refill - DONE
- Bank - DONE
- Put gas to car - DONE
- Empty the waste baskets, kitchen trash can, etc. - DONE
- Take the trash and recycling bins to the curb - DONE

Tuesday's To Do List:
- Bring the trash cans in
- Put away the dried laundry
- Do some tidying
- Dust the living room
- Water the indoor plants
- Clean daughter's bathroom (if I feel up to it)

How was your Monday?  What are your plans for Tuesday?


  1. Glad you are feeling better and that your daughter had an uneventful (though little late) flight.
    I hope you will feel almost back to normal this week.

    1. Thank you, Anne. I guess these things take time, but I am feeling quite well, all things considered. :)

  2. Agree with everything your daughter says about flying! Always get there 2 hours prior to flight due to experience with TSA - sometimes you breeze right thru but I have also been in those never ending lines and always someone freaking out because they are in danger if missing their flight. No you do not get to move to the front of the line!

    Has your daughter ever had any issue with transporting food in a carry on?

    Monday I had an early doctor appointment and my blood pressure was improved. Stopped at CVS on the way home and picked up the coffee hubby likes and the final Easter goodies, chocolate rabbits and jelly bean (all on sale). The Easter bags are ready. After getting home and having my mid morning coffee I received a phone call from Walreens that my RX was ready so back out again.

    Enjoyed a phone call from San Diego son who said he us enjoying the current cool days.

    1. Sandy, the only time daughter had a problem with taking food with her in her carry on was when she tried to take a jar of peanut butter back with her. It was unopened and sealed, but TSA told her it was considered a liquid. Liquids are OK as long as they are 2 oz. or less per container (or something like that; I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 oz) - she was able to take a set of jars of assorted honey one time - there were 6 different jars, but each was 2 oz., I believe. Fresh fruits and vegetables are fine (I sent the bag of mandarins with her), breads, cakes, pastries, etc., are fine, too. Cooked food such as the curries are fine as long as they are frozen (I double bag them, so there is no leakage and they don't thaw in the short time it takes for her to fly). The airline's website lists what's allowed and what's restricted for easy reference.

      Glad your BP has improved and you were able to collect your meds. Yum, chocolate bunnies and jelly beans! My daughter didn't like chocolates and candies when she was a child - so I used to fill the plastic eggs with coins (quarters), and novelty erasers, etc., and her Easter basket usually had a coloring book, paint sets, crayons, etc.

      Glad your son is enjoying the cooler days in SD. It has warmed up to the low 70s, here!

  3. I'm glad that your daughter made it home safe and sound. It will seem quiet for a little while since she is gone, but I know that Dancer will help you manage.

    1. Oh, yes, Dancer is there to keep me company! :)

  4. You did well to get everything done that you DID accomplish. If it was my daughter leaving after a week, I would feel like someone had let all the air out of my balloon. It would be difficult to get anything done. You have done really well for post surgery. When do you go back to work?

    1. Thank you, Susan. I was happy I could run my errands. I get my stitches removed tomorrow and will go back to work after that. I will need a doctor's note in order to return to work. I have another doctor's appointment on Friday, too (different doctor).

    2. Susan, I received your reply to my comment on your blog. I didn't publish it because I wasn't sure if you'd rather I didn't. I will definitely keep them both in my prayers.

  5. I think you got a lot done, especially after having surgery. I'm glad your daughter made it home safely and you were so sweet to send her home with food. Praying for complete healing after getting that port out.

    1. Thank you, Debbie. I like to send her back with enough food for at least a couple of meals. She said she ate one of the curry puffs I sent home with her, last night, and will take another with her for her lunch, today. :)

  6. It's good that you and your daughter have a habit of video-chatting together. It takes some of the sting out of saying goodbye. Now that she has gone back to Berkeley, you will have to behave and not overdo things!
    I was busy washing floors today and DH vacuumed for me. I took a walk up the road to the mailbox but it was empty and I'm never sure if that means that there was no mail or that the mail lady was later than usual. However, we weren't expecting anything.

    1. Yes, we video chatted last night. :) Then, she texted me in the morning to say good morning and I texted her back, then, I emailed her and she called me when she got back to her apartment and we will video chat, again, tonight. :)

      I am taking it easy, I promise! I find I am getting tired, very easily, still, so can't do as much as I'd like to!

      Sounds like you had a busy day! Glad your DH helped and vacuumed. Very often, I find my neighbor's mail stuffed into my box, so on days when I don't have any mail, I wonder if mine got put into a different neighbor's box! But I always seem to get my bills on time! LOL!


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.