Saturday, March 10, 2018

Doctor's Appointment on Friday

I had a follow-up appointment with my primary care doctor, today.  My appointment was for 11:00 a.m., but I had to be at the clinic at 10:45 a.m.  I went to the clinic, directly, and then, went to the office, afterwards.  My appointment went well; my pressure and sugar level, etc. were good.   The Physician Assistant checked my incision and said it seemed to be healing well.  I was told to call and come in if there was any fever, redness, discharge, or odor, as those can be signs of infection at the surgery site.  Otherwise, I am to return in three months for another routine check up.

I mentioned how tired I got after my walk, yesterday and I was told to take it in stages.  The next time I walk to the Japanese garden, I was told to sit and rest for 15-20 minutes before I walk back to the office.  Well, that won't work with my relatively short lunch breaks, but I might do two 15-minute walks for a few days, until I build up more stamina. 

After the doctor's appointment, I went to the office for the rest of the afternoon.  It was a relatively quiet afternoon, but I got a few things accomplished.

After I came home, however, I didn't do much.  Friend R called and I chatted with her for a bit.  Later, I video chatted with my daughter who had gone to a Japanese store, after work, to buy a few grocery items.  I also did some knitting and finished the back of the new sweater I am making with the new yarn I bought with daughter. 

Today, I am grateful for:
- A good appointment with the doctor
- My incision continues to heal well
- My blood pressure, etc., were good
- A relaxed evening
- Video chatting with my daughter

Friday's To Do List:
- Doctor's appointment in the morning - DONE
- Go to the office, afterwards - DONE
- Leave a note for gardener friend - DONE
- Go for a short(er) walk - DONE
- Wash the sofa dust covers

Saturday's To Do List:
- Wash the sofa dust covers
- Attend the viewing/rosary in the evening
- Tidy/dust the family room

The weather forecast for tomorrow calls for a chance of rain.  I am hoping it would rain so the garden gets watered.  

How was your Friday?  What are your plans for the weekend?



  1. Another good doctor's appointment. You're on a roll.
    I hope to have a busy weekend around the house and get several projects done. We'll see. My lists are usually bigger than my follow through.

    1. Yes, thank you, Live and Learn. :) I hope you manage to accomplish all what you want to, this weekend. But take time to relax and have fun, too. Hope you have a good day, overall.

  2. Great medical appointment. It sounds like you got a clean bill of health. I like that you didn't plan to do too much on your To-Do list for this week. Since you did so much housework before the surgery, it should be good for a long while. Take this opportunity to rest. I know it is tempting to push yourself as you are feeling better, but you need this time to fully recuperate.

    I have no plans yet for my weekend. I will just go with the flow.

    1. Thank you, Susan. Yes, everything was deemed well, at yesterday's appointment. The only thing was, I have gained back some of the weight I lost and my doctor would like to see it go down a bit. She wanted me to lose 3 lbs. by my next visit. I think that will be doable, don't you?

      Yes, the house is still relatively clean. I need to vacuum one of these days, and it should be OK (I'm right-handed, the surgery was on my left, just below the shoulder) but, it can wait a few more days, if needed. I should have asked my daughter to vacuum for me before she left, but I forgot.

  3. Glad everything keeps on healing as it should. Two 15 minute walks should be quite invigorating and break up your work day nicely, I should think. You can rest as you're sitting at your desk. Good luck!

    Not many plans today as my Daughter continues to stress about how much studying she still has to do before her exams in a couple of days. Today we are supposed to check out a Farmers' Market downtown Columbus and then have lunch at a locally renowned diner. Then she plans on studying more. It's a shame because the weather is actually quite lovely. I could go somewhere on my own but I don't really feel like it... maybe I should go visit the Infantry Museum. I think I'll probably just read my library book and exercise. We are leaving tomorrow morning and they predict strong to severe thunderstorms in Florida so that coupled with the Back from Spring Break traffic should be fun :) I'm hoping most of the traffic will be coming from South Florida since that's where college students tend to go for Spring Break...

    Have a lovely weekend, Bless, I hope you get some rain. It did rain at our house a couple of times this week and the roof repair held up, according to Greg (hooray!), and my plants therefore should have survived my absence nicely. Hooray again!

    1. Thank you, Nathalie. Aw, your poor daughter. I'm sorry she is so stressed about her exams. It really isn't a good way to spend her spring break. I hope you both enjoyed your lunch out (it's noon, here, as I type this, and you are a couple of hours ahead, I believe, so you would have eaten by now).

      Glad to hear the roof repair held up in the rain and your plants got watered! It is drizzling here - just barely, but, enough to wet the ground. I'll take that.

      I hope you have a safe and not too stressful drive back home. Tell your daughter I wished her good luck on her tests.

  4. What good news, Bless, that you continue to get well.

  5. I am catching up as we were away for 3 days. It is good to know that your sutures are out and the doctor is pleased with you. It was lovely to hear that a complete stranger admired your hair after all you have been through. It has grown back beautifully. I am very sorry to hear that you lost a dear family friend. There are always special memories that bring a kind of sadness when someone passes.

    I was in the big city heart unit on Thursday having a day procedure to put an end to unwelcome palpitations at inconvenient times. It went well and now I am taking it easy for a few days. We had a lovely visit with family the day before and I was able to see granddaughter at her swimming lesson. She is a real water baby and doesn't get it from me as I don't like to put my head underwater!

    1. Bushlady, I am glad to hear that the procedure went well and you are home, recovering. Definitely take it easy for at least a week!

  6. So glad you’re on the mend! Perhaps you could break your walks into small sessions and do 15 minutes during lunch and 15 when you get home in the evening? That way your body has a chance to recharge between? You’re doing great!

    1. Thank you, Carolyn. Yes, I think it will be better to do two shorter walks for the time being. It should be getting lighter now, when I get home, so a quick walk a couple of times around the block should be manageable. I just need to remind myself of how I used to come home, turn around and go to dance classes. :)


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.