The Spring Joy List worked out quite well and I decided to do a Summer Joy List, as well. Some items on the list remained the same, as they do bring me joy no matter how often I do them. Others changed.
There were some sad happenings this summer as my half-brother suffered ill health and died. But there was also some unexpected joys, too, as I went out to lunch with my half-sister and her family and watched an eclipse, which hadn't been on the list. However, the biggest joy of the summer was the good news about my follow-up mammogram!
Here is my Summer Joy List Update:
1. Daily prayer and contemplation - Prayers were said daily; some contemplation took place, as well.
2. Continue to drink my tea or coffee in my favorite cups - On going; I have been using one cup in one design in the mornings and another cup in another design for the evening!
3. Continue to interact daily with my daughter - Enjoyed her visits home and have been calling and video chatting with her daily.
4. Invite aunt and cousin to a meal - They came over to dinner, twice.
5. Go out to lunch or dinner with a friend - Went to lunch at a friend's house once, another friend came over to tea.
6. Visit a neighbor - Visited my neighbor T and took her some zucchini bread
7. Do a craft project or two - worked on my quilts
8. Do more gardening - did some; the garden didn't fare too well in the summer heat
9. Bring more fresh flowers and greenery into my home - did some
10. Play with fabric - definitely
11. Visit the farmers market - several times; my waistline bears witness to that fact as I've been going to the French bakery stall a little too often!
12. Visit the library - a few times; I am lucky to have one library a couple of blocks from my office and another one fairly close to my house.
13. Music - listening and singing - did both
14. Indulge in summer fruits - lots of fruits
15. Declutter the house/decorate for summer - not much of that
16. Strawberry lemonade - yes; yum!
- Went out to lunch with sister, twice, once with her son and daughter and grandsons.
- Watched an eclipse - It was only a partial eclipse where I live, but it was a joyful experience.
- Good mammogram results - an answered prayer.
Did you make a summer joy list? If so, were you able to take the time to enjoy some joyful activities?