Last fall was the first time I did a joy list. I was a little hesitant, as I didn't want yet another "to do" list, but I have continued to make seasonal joy lists and I have found that I enjoy doing them. I have decided that I will make another list of joyful things to do from now until Thanksgiving. I have deleted some items that are repetitive, which I do more or less daily, as a matter of course, such as the daily prayers, drinking tea out of my favorite cup, talking daily with my daughter. I want to focus more on other joyful things which I don't do as often and tend to get neglected.
List of Autumn Joys:
1. Sew a quilt or two; or, rather, finish the On the Road to the Mountain Quilt (had to sew another row of patches to make the top fit the bigger comforter I'm using as the batting) and finish the Mountain Quilt (need to piece the side borders)
2. Make a wall hanging for the cancer treatment clinic
3. Decorate my house for fall (in October)
4 Decorate for Thanksgiving (in November)
5. My daughter's visits home (2 planned for in November)
6. Host the October prayer gathering
7. Celebrate my birthday (November)
8. Celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family
9. Enjoy a week of vacation during Thanksgiving week
10. Bake an apple pie
11. Visit the garden center
12. Plant a fall garden
So that is my Autumn joy list! Yes, it includes several things to do, but, they are things that will bring joy.
Anyone else thinking of making a joy list this fall?