|Wish I had some whipped cream to top it!
Daughter's flight was in the early afternoon. I dropped her off at the airport around 1:45 p.m. As always, it was hard to say goodbye to her. Especially as we haven't decided when her next visit will be - maybe sometime in August or September.
It was another triple digit day, but, at only 101F, a bit cooler than yesterday. I had the family room ceiling fan on in the afternoon and someone took advantage of the fan to cool off during a nap:
|When it is too hot to lie fully on the towel but still want the softness to pillow his head.
On my way home from the airport, I put gas to the car; $25 worth of gas at $2.69/gal.
Later, I sewed the neckline of the blouse, but didn't finish sewing the armholes. Instead, I took a nap! After I woke up, I emptied the waste baskets, took the trash cans to the curb, watered the front garden and indoor plants, washed the dishes, handwashed a couple of clothing items.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Daughter had a safe flight back, despite some turbulence prior to landing, and a safe journey from the airport to her apartment (subway ride and bus ride).
- I was able to make one of her favorite breakfasts and send some extra waffles home with her.
- A slightly cooler day.
- I was able to reconnect with a friend.
- A nice nap on the sofa.
Monday's To Do List:
- Take daughter to airport - DONE
- Finish sewing my blouse - Did some, but didn't finish
- Put away sewing machine, etc., and tidy the dining table - NOT DONE
- Empty waste baskets - DONE
- Take trash cans to the curb - DONE
- Water the indoor plants - DONE
- Water the front garden - DONE
- Video chat with daughter in the evening - DONE
- Put gas to the car - DONE
- Clean the litter box - Will do a little later
Tuesday's To Do List:
- Go to the office
- Bank (didn't go, last week)
- Water the back garden
- Finish sewing the blouse
- Put away washed dishes
- Pay bills
- Clean the bathrooms
There are more things I should do, but, I am going to leave the list fairly short, partly because it is too hot to do a lot!
When daughter went to Atlanta, earlier this month, she arrived at the hotel after 10:00 p.m. on that first night. It was too late for her to go out to dinner, by herself, so she ordered room service. A hamburger with sweet potato fries. The condiments came in tiny little bottles which she knew I would like (she knows me so well!) She showed them to me when we video chatted and I squealed over them. So, she brought them home to me as a souvenir of her trip! Each bottle is about two inches tall and the little jar is about an inch and a half!
So much cuter than little plastic packets! I can see myself refilling them with ketchup, mustard, and mayo to take to the office with my lunch!
How was your Monday? What's your favorite breakfast?