Friday, September 25, 2015

More Progress

I went to my doctor's appointment, this afternoon.  We did the blood tests and the EKG.  The doctor will put in the request for the X-ray.  The doctor also adjusted the dosage/frequency of one of my hypertension medications, because it was causing my heart rate to be too slow (50 beats per minute).  It's the same medication she took me off of, once, and that caused my heart to race and my blood pressure to shoot sky high, and she put me back on it!  I currently take it once a day, (at one time, I took it twice a day!).  But now, doctor wants me to take it once every other day.  And monitor my heart rate and blood pressure to make sure everything stays under control.  I am to call her, on Thursday of next week, to keep her updated.  She wants my heart rate to increase to 60 beats per minute, prior to surgery.

Doctor also checked for what I thought was a possible second lump, under my left arm (the cancerous lump is on the right side).  But she couldn't feel it.  So I don't know what it is that I am thinking is another lump!  I guess I shall watch it and see.  Most probably it's a lump of fat!  I've plenty of those all over my body!  :D

After the doctor's appointment, I went home.  I put gas to the car, on the way, and then, went to the grocery store for milk, bread rolls, bananas, and cat food.  There were frozen dinners on sale too, for $1.79 each; I bought 3 of them to have on hand.

I've spent a quiet evening.  There were phone calls from family and friends and video chatting with daughter.

Today, I am grateful for:

- More progress on the pre-op medical tests
- Phone calls from family and friends
- Video chatting with daughter
- Price of gas being just under $3/gallon ($2.98 to be exact)
- Safe commutes

How was your day?  What did you do?



  1. Hope everything gets sorted out with your medication and heartbeat. I had to laugh at the lump I'd fats, I've got plenty of those too.

    My day was good. Went shopping twice. Spent too much at the grocery store (but that also included diapers, wipes, detergent), but got a few good deals. Then realized I forgot taco sauce so ran to Family Dollar to pick some up, also found Little Wolf some desperately needed socks (all of his are to small) and a pair of footie pajamas (also needed, especially with the colder weather)

    1. Jess, glad I made you laugh. Sounds like you had a good day. Diapers and wipes and such add up quickly, don't they? I remember when my daughter was little and in day care - they used to change the diapers every two hours, whether a change was needed or not! We went through a lot of diapers!

  2. Bless, I woke up this morning thinking of you and this journey to health that you are on, and I was thinking of a hill in Bolivia where people climb and stop at the Stations of the Cross and leave a stone on the way. I feel that we are all climbing with you on your journey and leaving a stone, (thought or prayer) at each step of your way, to reach the place at the top with the lovely view over the lake and town, where we shall cheer with you that your goal is reached!

    1. Bushlady, what a lovely image you've painted with your words! I hope you don't mind climbing that mountain with me! There is a mountain in Sri Lanka, too, called Adam's Peak, that is considered a sacred mountain, which pilgrims (and tourists) climb. I had always wanted to climb it, but never did. Now, I have the opportunity to climb it, in a manner of speaking. Thank you! You have given me the visualization I needed!

  3. Proud you got the blood work done.. sending prayers that the every other day meds will work, and get your heart rate , where it needs to be.
    Hope you have a nice /relaxing weekend. and your weather is cooler.
    we have had a couple really nice cool days [no ac...yea]. Worked on the old house to day..We are installing under pinning.. no fun at all.ha But, slowly getting it done.

    1. Judy, thank you. Whatever you are doing to the house, it sounds like hard work! Hope you have some help with the work and it's not just you and your husband doing it all by yourselves! Hope you get some sewing time, this weekend.

    2. Thank you BLess...
      It is just hubby and me now.. We hired a carpenter /and his 2 helpers in the beginning..but---------- oh a nightmare.. Lots of money and not a lot done.. So... we are finishing and redoing our self.. Slow...but we will get it done.ha
      I did get my fall pillow done .Fun doing a small sewing project, if I cant sew anything else.ha

    3. Judy, so sorry about the problem with the carpenter. :( I know how that goes; I've experienced it first hand, myself! Such a blessing that you and your husband know what to do and can do it yourselves. This way, you know it will be done well. Glad you could sew your fall pillow!


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.