- Continue with daily prayers and gratitude; host the October
monthly prayer gathering; focus on joy.
- Clean and tidy the house in preparation for the prayer gathering. Focus on the family room and 3d bedroom. Clean and put away things afterwards!
- Continue to work on establishing the cleaning routine!
- Decorate for Fall
- Get donations ready for pick up in mid-October
- She will be coming down to help me with the prayer gathering. Looking forward to having her home again. In the meantime, we'll keep in touch by phone and computer.
- I'll see some of the family members at the prayer gathering (one cousin has already informed me she won't be able to attend). Another cousin has offered to
accompany me to my medical appointment this month.
- Visit my mother's grave (her birthday, this month; reason why I host the prayer gathering in October).
- Maybe go out to lunch with my half-sister.
- Maybe go out to dinner with one aunt and cousin.
- Invite another aunt and cousin to dinner another night.
- I'll be seeing some of my friends at the prayer gathering. One friend offered to come and help me with the preparations. Will also try to out out to dinner with her.
- Continue to work from home for the first half of the month; make plans to go back to the office later in the month. I might need to ease back into going to the office for the first week or two.
- Continue doing what I have been doing - budgeting and spending mindfully.
- Continue to focus on health: I need to go for a blood test, next week, on Thursday. I've an appointment with the oncologist on Friday, October 7. I need to call and schedule an appointment with my primary care doctor, as well. I need to continue to focus on a healthier diet, exercising regularly, and
getting sufficient sleep.
- Focus on establishing a work schedule and
routines, especially as I return to the office. I have a fairly long work day when I go to the office, leaving at 7:00 a.m. and not returning until 6:30 p.m., sometimes later, depending on traffic. I generally don't feel like doing much once I come home. Housework, grocery shopping, etc., all tend to get pushed aside until the weekend. I really need to get myself organized and back on a schedule before I go back to the office.
- Read at least one fiction and one
non-fiction book; resume sewing the two quilts I have in progress;
resume crocheting the rag rug; listen to music; play the piano.
Those are my goals for a more balanced life in October. How about you? Do you have monthly goals? What do you do to make sure that life feels more balanced and you don't ignore one aspect of it while you focus on another?