Saturday, October 8, 2016

Busy Friday

Friday was a busy day.

I had a follow-up appointment with the oncologist in the morning.  I had to wait a bit to see the doctor, but my weight was good (I had gained one pound since my visit, last month, but that was considered OK), my blood pressure was good, my lab test results were good, etc.  We discussed the side effects I had felt since I started on the anti-hormone medications (some aches and pains, some numbness in my hands, some tiredness, etc., but nothing too bad) and the doctor did a breast exam.  Finally, I had my port flushed.  I have another follow up appointment in two months.

It was already early afternoon when I got home.  I had a sandwich and some apple juice for lunch and did office work.  Took a break when my gardener friend arrived and had him take the window air conditioning unit down.  When the heightened earthquake alert was issued I had worried about the unit being set up in the window, where an earthquake could dislodge it!  I also had him replace a battery in the smoke detector in my bedroom.  After that, I supervised while he uprooted more of the dead rose bushes and pruned a section of the yucca tree that was going over the wall into the neighbor's backyard. 

Later in the evening, I attended the viewing and service for my friend's mother.  One of my cousins went to the viewing with me and I met several other members of the family and friends at the event.  Afterwards, I went out to dinner with an aunt, three of my cousins, the daughter of one cousin, and several others.  It was a lovely way to end the day.  After I came home, I video chatted with my daughter and wrote to a friend.

Today, I am grateful for:

- the doctor's visit went well
- lab test results, etc., were good
- a safe drive to the clinic and back
- dinner out with family
- feeling better and returning taste buds

How was your Friday?  What are your weekend plans?


  1. I'm glad the doctor's visit went okay. You are still on the journey. Sending hugs x

    1. Thank you, Lyssa. Yes, the journey continues; I suppose, in a way, I'll be on it for the rest of my life.

  2. I'm glad things are going well but I'm surprised your Port is still in.

    1. I think they want to keep it in for a few more months. Maybe at least until the 1st mammogram. I shall ask them when they plan to take it out when I go for my follow up visit.

  3. What a lovely way to end an otherwise perfect day....dinner out with family members. If all goes well I will be having Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow and then with friends on Monday.

    1. It was a perfect ending to the day. We went to a family-run Sri Lankan restaurant - wife doing the cooking, husband helping out and cashiering, daughters waiting the tables, etc. The oldest daughter has a lovely voice and sang to us when requested. :)


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated.