I drove out to the Auto Club to pay my homeowner's and earthquake insurance (due 12/30); I like to pay that in person, as I can get my receipt, immediately,. Then, I drove to Michael's to exchange one of the two T-shirts I bought for a larger size. I checked their Christmas items on clearance for 70% off, but I didn't buy anything. Next, I went to WalMart, located in the same mall, to buy some of the tea one of my friends likes (it'll be part of her Christmas gift); while I was there, I also bought two more bags of cat food, so I am stocked up on cat food! One of the store workers who was collecting the shopping carts in the parking lot saw me with my bags of cat food in my cart and offered to help me load them into the trunk. I could handle them, but I gladly accepted his help.
Then, I put $30 worth of gas to the car to fill it up. The last time I put gas to the car was on November 13, and before that, on October 12. I am definitely going to reduce my budget for gas, next year, starting in January.
Finally, I drove to Sears to pay the bill for my washer and dryer (due 1/2/19).
After that, I came home, had a cup of tea and some toast (it was supposed to have been hot buttered toast, but the toast got cold, so it turned out to be cold buttered toast, which wasn't quite as good!). I put a load of laundry to wash and watched news. Later, I called friend R; we are planning to get together, tomorrow, to celebrate the holidays.
Today, I am grateful for:
- I managed to get more errands done and bills paid
- I was able to exchange the T-shirt without any difficulties
- The helpful store worker who loaded the bags of cat food in the car for me
- Daughter had a fun afternoon hanging out with her friend
- A working washer and dryer
Friday's To Do List:
- Do another load of laundry - DONE
- Exchange one of the T-shirts I bought (wrong size) - DONE
- Pay the homeowner's and earthquake insurance - DONE
- Pay the store credit card bill for the washer and dryer - DONE
- Put gas to the car - DONE
- Water the garden (we had a little rain on Christmas Eve, but the garden needs watering, again)
- Finish wrapping the rest of the gifts - DONE
I didn't water the garden as it was too windy and cold.
Saturday's To Do List:
- Visit with friend
- Buy cat litter
- Do another load of laundry
- Water the garden
How did you spend your last Friday of 2018? What are your plans for the weekend? What are your plans for New Year's Eve?
Unlike myself, you got a lot of things accomplished today by going out and running errands and paying bills. I didn't feel like going out yesterday, so I stayed indoors. I didn't accomplish anything...still in holiday mode. Maybe today, if I don't do any crafting, I may try to clean up my craft room in order to get started. I will also post some more photos.ReplyDelete
Only because I had to, Susan. Payment due dates were coming up and I was running out of time in which to do a few things! Otherwise, I would have loved staying home and holidaying. The hardest part for me is actually getting out of the house! Once I am out and about, I can accomplish a few things!Delete
Sounds like another busy day! My Friday did manage to be quite productive so I was pleased with what I got done.ReplyDelete
Yes, it was a busy day! I'm glad that you were able to be productive, too, and were pleased with what you accomplished. It's a good feeling, isn't it?Delete