This is the update of the Winter Joy List I posted after Thanksgiving, for the period between Thanksgiving and the end of the year.
Winter Joy List:
Continue to begin and end each day with prayer
- My days began and ended with prayer.
Continue to enjoy drinking my favorite tea in my special cup and saucer
- occasionally, I switched cups!
Continue to chat daily with my daughter
- chatted and texted, daily.
4. Hold my annual year-end almsgiving (scheduled for Sunday, December 4) - I couldn't do this in the manner in which I had planned and wanted to, due to health issues.
Decorate my house for winter/Christmas
- decorated, but not to the extent I usually do.
My daughter's visit home for the holidays
- She was home for 10 days and we enjoyed each day.
Make/send some holiday greeting cards
- Still in the process of doing so!
8. Attend the December prayer gathering - Didn't attend due to health issues
Meet my late friend's baby granddaughter (4 months old)
- Met her; as cute as a button, too!
- Enjoyed several mugs of it!
Celebrate the holidays with family and friends
(not sure what we'll do
for Christmas, but New Year's Day will be at an aunt's) - Turned out we celebrated Christmas with both family and friends, but stayed home on New Year's Day!
Make a special cake with daughter when she comes down for the holidays
- Oh, yes!
Take some vacation time off during the holidays
- Took the week off between Christmas and New Year
Enjoy some candle light in the evenings
- Plan to do this in the spring, too.
Make a list (of holiday gifts to give); check it twice!
Make/buy holiday gifts to give
- Didn't make as much as I wanted to; didn't buy much, either; this was the year of gift cards.
17. Visit the library - Didn't do
Take the donations to the food bank
- Donated to the nearby food bank.
19. Spend more time gardening - Didn't do, again due to health issues
Listen to holiday music
- Listened to several CDs and on-line
Play the piano
- Should do this more often
Sing some carols
- Daughter and I had fun singing carols together
Watch Midnight Mass from the Vatican
24. Visit my neighbors for the holidays - Didn't do yet
25. Go out to lunch or dinner at a favorite restaurant with daughter - Didn't do
Once again, I didn't do every item on my list, but I accomplished a number of them. I will be back with a new list for the beginning of the New Year. Did you make a Winter Joy list? Will you be making one for the New Year?
You were quite successful! I had an autumn joy list and just recently published a winter joy list. I think I will be a bit more successful with the winter list as I was more realistic about what we like to do. ;)ReplyDelete
Thank you, Laura. I didn't do too badly, did I? Your Autumn joy list was my inspiration to start doing this! I did a New Year joy list, too. :)Delete
You completed almost all the items on your list! That is something to be proud of!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Debbie. I am happy with what I was able to achieve, all things considered. :) Hope you are doing well as you start the new year.Delete
Congrats, you were very joyful this winter!ReplyDelete
Yes, I was, even though the fall shook me up a bit and I couldn't do a few things I wanted to do. But I was happy and there was much joy. :)Delete