As I've explained before, my monthly balanced life goals are similar to the spokes of a wheel, with the length of each spoke representing my satisfaction in that area of my life, from 1 to 10, with 1 being most dissatisfied and 10 being most satisfied. Ideally, all the spokes are of equal length and the wheel will roll along smoothly. If the spokes are of unequal lengths, then, the resulting wheel will be lop-sided and wobbly. My ratings for each segment are shown within the parentheses, with the beginning of the month ratings in black and the end of the month ratings being shown in blue.
- Clean - Clean the house as needed
- Organize - Continue to find a place for everything and keep everything in its place
- Well maintained - Keep "erasing the evidence"; implement daily and weekly cleaning schedules
- Decluttered - Continue with the decluttering process
- Schedule tree trimmers to trim the eucalyptus tree
- Focus on the remaining vegetable and fruit plants
- Trim the eucalyptus tree - scheduled for 2nd week in November
- Do more fun (safe) activities together (some craft projects, painting, etc.)
November Family and Friends goals will be the same as above. One of my cousins asked me what my plans were for Thanksgiving (I think she is planning a family gathering for Thanksgiving dinner) and I told her my daughter and I plan to stay home and celebrate on our own. Cousin also asked if I'd be able to attend the memorial service she and her sister will be holding for their late mother; I told her I might attend the memorial service, but, probably not the reception which will be held at a venue, indoors, afterwards. It is really difficult for me to turn down these family invitations, yet, I don't feel ready to attend large gatherings where people will be unmasked!
Community (10)(10): The goal is to be involved in my community:
- Participate in temple events when safe to do so
November Community goals will be the same as above!
- Doctor's appointment scheduled for mid-October
Time Management (7)(7): The goal is to spend my time in a mindful manner:
- Spend time purposefully, mindfully
- Engage in daily joyful activities