One or two people have asked me about how she takes the food back with her. We just pack it in plastic food containers and zippered plastic bags. If I put something in a container, I put the whole container in a plastic bag, too, just in case. If it is in a zippered plastic bag, then, I double bag it. She carries the food in her carry on luggage, mostly because, that's all she has; she doesn't take any checked luggage. She is allowed to carry cooked and fresh food with her as long as there is no liquid. If I send curry with her, then, I freeze it before hand, and it remains frozen for the duration. However, she isn't able to take any peanut butter in her carry on luggage, even if it is in an unopened sealed jar, because that is considered "liquid". That would have to be in checked luggage.
I dropped her off at the airport just after noon, as she needed to be at the airport an hour before boarding. But, after she got to the airport and had checked in, etc., they announced that her flight had been delayed. They didn't board until 2:00 p.m. and then, there was a delay in deplaning at the other end! She called me once she had disembarked and it was around 4:00 p.m. By the time she took the subway to Berkeley and walked from the station to her apartment, it was 5:00 p.m. Since I sent food home with her, she won't have to cook tonight and there will be enough for her to take for her lunch, tomorrow.
After I dropped her off at the airport, I came home and had lunch (leftover milkrice with the last of the meatball curry). Then, I put away the laundry from yesterday and did another load, which I hung up to dry. Then, I emptied the dishwasher and put away the other items I had washed by hand and kept in the dish drainer to dry overnight. Later, I dozed a bit on the sofa, as I felt tired. After tea, I took the trash out, watered the front garden, watered the house plants, and cleaned the litter box. I also wrote out an updated list of medications and supplements I take and the dosages to take with me to the doctor's appointment, tomorrow (consultation for a colonoscopy). I had a sandwich for dinner with yogurt for dessert, washed the last few dishes, and tidied up the kitchen, a bit.
Friend R called and I spoke with her for a bit. I also replied to my friend's email. Later, daughter and I video chatted for a bit.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Daughter had a safe flight back, even if it was delayed a bit.
- She had a safe rest of the journey back to her apartment.
- I was able to send back some food with her for her dinner, tonight, and lunch, tomorrow.
- An afternoon nap
- What I was able to accomplish, today.
Monday's To Do List:
- Go to the office
- Make a photocopy of the list of medications
- Get driving directions to the clinic
- Go to the doctor's appointment
- Call the insurance/medical billing office re. the bill I received (which I thought was taken care of, earlier)
- Pharmacy to pick up refill
- Take the trash cans to the curb
- Water the back garden
- Put away the dried laundry from today
- Do another load of laundry
- Call aunt C
- Wish friend's daughter for her birthday
How was your Sunday? What are your plans for tomorrow?
|Dancer Says, "Hi"|