Friday, November 25, 2016
I hope everyone who observed Thanksgiving, yesterday, had a lovely day gathered around the table to celebrate with family and friends. One can give thanks any day of the year, of course, and I try to be thankful every day, but it is nice to have a day set aside especially for it, I think.
It was a sunny, warm day, yesterday, with a high of 79F. My daughter and I spent a quiet, relaxed morning. Later in the afternoon, I made a double batch of corn bread and a loaf of banana bread. Then, in the evening, we took the corn bread and went over to my aunt's house to celebrate Thanksgiving, with her, my cousins, and other members of the extended family. Everyone brought a dish or two to contribute, so there was quite a feast and leftovers for everyone to take home.
Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) To Do List:
- Put away laundry - DONE
- Bake corn bread and banana bread - DONE
- Do the dishes - DONE
- Go to aunt's house to celebrate Thanksgiving - DONE
On Thursday, I was grateful for:
- Being alive and well this Thanksgiving.
- Having my daughter home for Thanksgiving.
- Being able to celebrate the day with family and friends.
- Aunt was unhurt when she slipped and fell, earlier in the morning!
- All the many blessings.
Today is equally sunny and warm. Daughter has made plans to get together with some of her friends, today. A movie in the morning with one of her friends (and probably lunch out, afterwards) and dinner and a different movie in the evening with another friend. I am planning to stay home and have a relaxed day. If at all, I'll run to the nearby grocery stores for a dozen eggs. I finished all my eggs, yesterday; daughter would like more corn bread to take back with her and I need eggs for it. If not, that's OK, too. Daughter can take the loaf of banana bread back with her, instead.
Friday's To Do:
- Wash dishes/put away dishes from yesterday
- Grocery shop for eggs?
- Bake corn bread?
- Water the garden
- Choose an outfit for Saturday's birthday party
- Write out the cards I bought earlier
- Have daughter take down dishes for almsgiving
Today, I am grateful for:
- Another sunny, warm day
- Daughter having a fun day getting together with her friends
- Leftovers from yesterday's dinner
- A quiet, relaxed day
- Family and friends.
How is your Friday after Thanksgiving?