Friday, July 24, 2026

July Grocery Shopping - Part 4

 

July 24 Groceries*

*Multiple buys of cans of coconut milk (6) and sparkling water (12) not shown; also not shown is the half gallon of half and half (which went in the fridge right away; I should have done the same with the ice cream, too!)

I ordered groceries on Thursday evening and they were delivered today, Friday, morning.  I received most of the items I had ordered except for the coconut water.  I had ordered six cans of cocnut water and the shopper sent me a text with a picture, showing that there was only one can left on the shelf.  I chose to get the one can and not accept substitutes.  Both daughter and I are a bit particular about how our coconut water tastes and so far, this is the one brand we both like best.  

To be quite honest, other than the half and half and the bread, just about everything in this grocery order are wants and not needs.  I am grateful that I can do so from time to time.

So, what did I buy and how much did I pay?  


Order Summary

Original Item Total$76.51
Item Coupons/Sales-$28.44
Order Coupons-$3.00
Fulfillment Fee+$0.00
Other Fees+$0.60
Sales Tax+$0.80
Order Total$46.47

Item Details

40 Items

Bakery Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies, 12 count$3.00
1 x $3.00 each
BOOST HIGH PROTEIN Balanced Nutritional Drink Vanilla Carton 6pk, 48 fluid ounces$6.99
1 x $6.99 $15.99 each
Item Coupon/Sale: -$5.50
Item Coupon/Sale: -$3.50
CA Redem Val$0.05
1 x $0.05 each
CA Redem Val$0.60
12 x $0.05 each (approx.)
Kroger® Crunchy Peanut Butter, 16 oz$1.98
2 x $0.99 $2.99 each
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.30
Item Coupon/Sale: -$1.70
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.30
Item Coupon/Sale: -$1.70
Kroger® Half and Half Half Gallon, 1/2 gal$5.49
1 x $5.49 each
Kroger® Premium Coconut Milk, 13.5 fl oz$11.94
6 x $1.99 each
Kroger® White Sandwich Bread, 20 oz$1.99
1 x $1.99 each
Parrot Coconut Water with Pulp, 16.6 fl oz$1.49
1 x $1.49 each
Private Selection® Brown Butter Bourbon Truffle Ice Cream Pint, 16 oz$1.99
1 x $1.99 $4.99 each
Item Coupon/Sale: -$3.00
Private Selection® Double Vanilla Ice Cream Pint, 16 oz$1.99
1 x $1.99 $4.99 each
Item Coupon/Sale: -$3.00
Sparkling Ice Zero Sugar Classic Lemonade Sparkling Water, 17 fl oz$3.52
4 x $0.88 $1.67 each
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.79
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.79
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.79
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.79
Sparkling Ice Zero Sugar Classic Lemonade Sparkling Water, 17 fl oz$1.76
2 x $0.88 $1.66 each
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.78
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.78
Sparkling Ice Zero Sugar Strawberry Lemonade Sparkling Water, 17 fl oz$3.52
4 x $0.88 $1.67 each
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.79
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.79
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.79
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.79
Sparkling Ice Zero Sugar Strawberry Lemonade Sparkling Water, 17 fl oz$1.76
2 x $0.88 $1.66 each
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.78
Item Coupon/Sale: -$0.78

Order Coupons

-$3.00

Store Coupon-$3.00

Other Fees

$0.60

Bag Fee$0.60
6 x $0.10 each


I don't know why the receipt shows the sparkling water grouped into four bottles and two bottles like that, but, they were all priced at $0.88 each.

The cans of coconut milk are a stock up item.  I usually wait until things go on sale to stock up and had bought three cans back in April 2026 when they were on sale for $1.79 each.  I use at least one can each month and I am now down to just one can in my pantry cupboard. Since I am down to my last can, which I will use on August 1 for my milk rice, I decided to stock up at the regular price of $1.99 each.  If they go on sale again, at $1.79, I will buy a few more then.  However, there's no guarantee that the store won't increase the price per can and make the current regular price of $1.99 the new sale price when it next goes on "sale" as grocery prices seem to increase more than they decrease.

My July Grocery Budget (for food items only) = $250 + $11.51 carried over from June = $261.51

Spent to Date = $78.71 + $33.99 + $47.26 + $7.50 + $46.47= $213.93

Balance left in July Grocery Budget = $261.51 - $213.93= $47.58

I am pleased with that.  July has one more week left and I fully anticipate doing another grocery delivery at the end of next week.  But, I should be able to keep to my budget this month.

As always, I am grateful for:

- Being able to order groceries and have them delivered
- Being able to get some wants in addition to the necessities
- Sales and offers and digital coupons
- The general availability of groceries
- Pleasant delivery people

How are you coming along with your grocery shopping?  Are you finding some good deals?  

12 comments:

  1. Hi dear friend, It looks like you are doing well on your budget.
    When I do my grocery order, I go to the grocery store, take a shopping cart 🛒 and walk around and pick the things I need and put them into the cart. When I am finished, I go to the cashier and place my purchases on the counter and the cashier scans each item. He or she tells me the total and I pay it there. I don't drive or have a car, so I get them to deliver my groceries. For seniors over 65, they charge only $2 for delivery. I will be 70 in October so I pay just $2.
    Everyone else pays $4.
    I take the bus or metro home or walk, depending on the weather.
    They bring my groceries in my apartment building elevator right to my door and place them in my apartment. Then I put everything away.
    I live alone, and I do this every two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. You have a good arrangement where grocery shopping is concerned. I actuallyenjoy grocery shopping in person, but, I switched to ordering online and picking it up during Covid. Then, I continued until my daughter bought me a paid membership which gives me free grocery delivery (provided I bought over $35 minimum). This seems to work out the best for me because walking for any length of time seems to trigger sciatica flare ups and having the items delivered is more convenient than driving to pick up. The groceries are handed to me at the front door and often, my daughter will help me to put away the things. :)

      Delete
  2. Is delivery still free if you order $35 or more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, June, it's free provided you opt for next day delivery. Same day delivery has a cost based on time of day, etc., with the membership I have, or it's free with the higher paying membership, which I don't need. Next day delivery is soon enough for me and there is time, up until the shopper starts shopping, to amend the order, if needed.

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of that Brown Butter Bourbon Truffle Ice Cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too, Bushlady, which is why I selected it to try it! I hope it lives up to that fancy name!

      Delete
  4. I think we all need to get some wants sometimes. I wish I had your cookies right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. We shared the cookies with gardener M and there are some to serve to my friend R when she comes to visit in the afternoon (it's way too hot to bake anything right now).

      Delete
  5. The ice cream sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound delicious, doesn't it? I haven't tried it yet; I hope it tastes as delicious as it sounds! :D

      Delete
  6. You got some great discounts using your coupons. I'm happy to say that I completed my weekly shop this morning, once I'd defrosted the freezer, and made my meal plan. I spent a little less than usual, which is partly down to taking advantage of the money off coupons during The World Cup. I saved around £45 altogether. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did great with your coupons, too, Jules! That's an impressive amount to save on your weekly shop. I need to do a quick stock take of my freezer, too. :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.