I ordered more groceries on Monday and they were delivered on Tuesday morning. I had a $2 off digital coupon on the hamburger patties which made them a little more reasonable and I splurged on brand name hamburger buns that we had tried on a previous sale and liked, even though they were $1 more than the store brand hamburger buns. I stocked up on other "non-essential" items, too, before my digital coupons for them expired.
I didn't take a picture of the groceries, however, but, here's the receipt:
Order Summary
Item Details
10 Items
Order Coupons
-$2.00
Other Fees
$0.40
The French Onion Sour Cream Dip was not something I ordered and it wasn't included in the groceries I received. I don't know why I was charged for it. I was able to request a refund through the store's website and I received an email that the refund went through and the $2.29 will be credited within five days (and it was).
So, my total spent on this order should be $38. 63
My July Grocery Budget (for food items only) = $250 + $11.51 carried over from June = $261.51
- Being able to order groceries online
- Being able to have the groceries delivered
- No delivery fees provided I order more than $35 worth of items and select next day delivery
- Coming under budget
How strange that the French Onion dip appeared. I wonder if the picker got confused with another order or it got knocked into a basket. I'm glad that they could sort it out.
ReplyDeleteYou got some great deals, and I think that you did the right thing by getting buns that were perhaps a little more but that gave more pleasure.
Thank you, Lyssa. Yes, it was odd that I was charged for a container of dip that I neither ordered nor received! But, mistakes happen; I am very thankful that the store reimbursed the money without any fuss. Every now and then, I like to opt for a slightly better, if more expensive product; I am grateful for the fact that I can now afford to do that. There was a time when I couldn't. :)
DeleteYou did very well with the discounts!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Linda. It's a bit of a challenge which I enjoy doing. :)
DeleteHow strange that you were charged for something that you hadn't ordered or received. At least you got a refund. X
ReplyDeleteIt really was very strange, Jules, and the first time that has happened. I've had times in the past where I've been given someone else's groceries by mistake and not been charged (and told I could keep the items) and times when I've not received something I had ordered and been charged (I've received a refund when that happened). But, this is the first time I was charged for something I didn't order and didn't receive it! People can amend their orders up until the shopping begins and I wonder if someone accidentally got the orders mixed up. Anyway, I received a refund and it all worked out.
DeleteThat's weird about the dip. If it were included in your order, I'm sure you would've kept it and eaten it. Right?
DeleteI know I would've. lol
It's good when the things that are more than the store brands go on sale like the Brioche buns you enjoy. Yes, they still are more but not as much as normal.
Do you use the previous purchases tab to check those things out easily? I know I do.
The dip incident was really weird, wasn't it? If it had been included in the order, I suppose I would have eaten it, but it's not a dip I would have normally bought. And I'd have to get some chips or something to go with it, wouldn't I?
DeleteThe brioche buns were a bit of a treat, but, they are more substantial than the store brand and we liked them.
You know, I generally click on the item shown on the online weekly ad to add it to the cart and/or type in whatever I want to buy. Often, the past purchases items pop up and I click on them. I must remember to look for the parst purchases tab when I do my next order. :)