Friday, July 31, 2026

July Grocery Shopping Part 5

I ordered more groceries on Monday and they were delivered on Tuesday morning.   I had a $2 off digital coupon on the hamburger patties which made them a little more reasonable and I splurged on brand name hamburger buns that we had tried on a previous sale and liked, even though they were $1 more than the store brand hamburger buns.  I stocked up on other "non-essential" items, too, before my digital coupons for them expired.

I didn't take a picture of the groceries, however, but, here's the receipt:

Order Summary

Original Item Total$72.82
Item Coupons/Sales-$30.30
Order Coupons-$2.00
Fulfillment Fee+$0.00
Other Fees+$0.40
Sales Tax$0.00
Order Total$40.92

Item Details

10 Items

Bakery Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies, 12 count$3.00
1 x $3.00 each
BOOST HIGH PROTEIN Balanced Nutritional Drink Chocolate Bottle, 48 fluid ounces$6.99
1 x $6.99 $15.99 each
BOOST HIGH PROTEIN Balanced Nutritional Drink Vanilla Carton 6pk, 48 fluid ounces$6.99
1 x $6.99 $15.99 each
Kroger® 80/20 Ground Beef Patties, 8 ct / 30.4 ounce$10.00
1 x $10.00 $12.00 each
Item Coupon/Sale: -$2.00 (digital coupon)
*Kroger® French Onion Sour Cream Dip and Spread, 16 oz$2.29*
1 x $2.29 $2.59 each
Kroger® Pink Lady® Apples – 3 Pound Bag, 3 lb$4.29
1 x $4.29 each
Private Selection® Coffee Ice Cream Pint, 16 oz$1.99
1 x $1.99 $4.99 each
Private Selection® Double Vanilla Ice Cream Pint, 16 oz$3.98
2 x $1.99 $4.99 each
Western Hearth® Brioche Sandwich Buns, 8 ct / 24 oz$2.99
1 x $2.99 $3.99 each

Order Coupons

-$2.00

Store Coupon-$2.00

Other Fees

$0.40

Bag Fee$0.40
4 x $0.10 each

The French Onion Sour Cream Dip was not something I ordered and it wasn't included in the groceries I received.  I don't know why I was charged for it. I was able to request a refund through the store's website and I received an email that the refund went through and the $2.29 will be credited within five days (and it was).

So, my total spent on this order should be $38. 63

My July Grocery Budget (for food items only) = $250 + $11.51 carried over from June = $261.51

Spent to Date = $78.71 + $33.99 + $47.26 + $7.50 + $46.47 + $38.64= $252.56

Balance left in July Grocery Budget = $261.51 - $252.56= $8.95

I will be carrying that balance over to August, most probably. 

I am pleased that I came under this month's grocery budget.  

I am grateful for:
- The store's refund policy
- Being able to order groceries online
- Being able to have the groceries delivered
- No delivery fees provided I order more than $35 worth of items and select next day delivery
- Coming under budget

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.