![]() |
| They wanted to roost on the door to the inner coop! |
On Sunday morning, I got up at 8:00 a.m. and let the chickens out of the inner coop and gave them more food. They both let me pet them a little bit before I went back inside.
The morning was relatively cool and after I had a cup of tea and said my morning prayers, I decided to sweep and mop the kitchen floor and, later, I cooked a chicken curry (we won't tell Niwatori and Henny Penny about that!) for dinner. I also folded and put away a load of laundry.
My daughter checked on the chickens and cleaned out the coop a little after noon and she found one brown egg! She said she took a few blueberries out to them and held out the berries in her gloved hand and they came up to her and pecked the berries from her hand! She said that while she was there, Niwatori went into the hen house and we assumed she went to the nest box at the back of the hen house. Sure enough, when daugher went to check on them later in the afternoon, there was another egg in the nest box! That makes a total of seven eggs since we got them on Tuesday!
In the evening, I went with daughter when she went to her gymnastics session (the first time she's gone this month) and stayed in the car and read my book while I waited for her.
After we came home, daughter put the chickens into the inner coop while I cooked a pot of rice. We had rice with chicken curry, green beans, and peach chutney for dinner and ice cream for dessert.
On Sunday, I am grateful for:
- Two more eggs from our chickens
- What I was able to accomplish
- Washing machines and dishwashers
- A safe drive to the gymnastics center and back (we passed a multi-car accident on our way back)
- Fans to keep us cool
Sunday's joyful activities included collecting more eggs!
Plans for Monday include:
- Returning my library books
- Picking up my medications
- Maybe a visit from friend R
- Taking the trash and recycling out to the bins (daughter will wheel out the bins to the curb)
- Watering the indoor plants (daughter will water the garden)
- Making my meal plan options
- Scheduling a car service for an oil change, etc.
How was your Sunday? What are your plans for Monday?

The chickens are providing a lot of entertainment, not to mention eggs. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, they are! The other evening, I sat and watched them for about half an hour - "chicken TV"! LOL.
Delete