Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Gone Fishing!


The Fish Pond

Daughter's friend V's older daughter H turned four earlier this month.  It's the same little girl for whom my daughter crocheted the Vampire Squid (which was made to be given as a gift from H's mother, although daughter received a thank you card for it from H, with a little help from her father!) 

Since little H is now into ocean animals (her parents took her to an aquarium for her birthday), daughter thought that H might like to try a bit of fishing!  So, she crocheted five little fishies with needle felted eyes:

Five Little Fishies

Here they are, swimming in their own little pond:

Swimming in their Pond

Add a little fishing rod:

Fishing Rod

Hold the fishing rod over the fish and go fishing:

The Purple Fish Got Hooked!

Actually, all the fish are magnetic, so H can catch any or all the fish.  She can count the fish, identify their colors, and practice a bit of eye-hand coordination at the same time while she plays.

After playing, the fish go back into their fish pond and, if the drawstring is pulled, the pond becomes a little pouch:

Fish Pond Pouch

Which becomes convenient storage for the fish and a carrying pouch, as well.


Birthday Card

Daughter made the birthday card with H's favorite Vampire Squid cartoon character peeking from the inside:

Birthday Card Inside
All pictures were taken by daughter.

9 comments:

  1. That is an adorable fishing set and so practical that it can be contained in the fish pond when not in use! The card will delight little H, too, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bushlady. I, too, like the fact that the pond turns into a carrying case/storage pouch for the fish.

      Delete
  2. That is such an amazing and thoughtful gift, and I'm sure that the little girl will have a wonderful time playing with it! Your daughter is incredibly skilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Daughter says she found the idea online. :)

      Delete
  3. This is so much fun, and I love how the pond becomes a bag to store the fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, June. I, too, like how the pond becomes a pouch. I think the parents will like it, too. :D

      Delete
  4. These are adorable! I wondered how the lure would catch a fish. What a great idea to include magnets. H is a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.