Friday, November 17, 2017

Speedy Thursday

Thursday seems to have sped past!  I didn't even do much, but, all of a sudden, the week is almost over!

I went to the office and had a fairly productive day.  But I began to feel tired around 4:00 p.m., so, rather than wait until 5:30 p.m., which is when I normally leave the office, I left around 4:45 p.m. and got home at 6:00 p.m.

It began to drizzle a little bit, just as I pulled into the driveway.  It drizzled for about 5 minutes and it wasn't enough rain to even wet the ground!  But it snowed on the mountains and that is what is important.  The depth of the snowpack is what determines if we will have enough water in the summer or we'll be in a drought, again. 

I spent a relaxed evening, knitting and watching TV.  I am coming along with my sweater front, even though I've had to unpick a couple of rows because I miscounted my pattern stitches!

I had rice and curries for my lunch, today, and the last of the chicken and gnocchi soup for dinner, along with a slice of panettone. 

Later in the evening, I video chatted with my daughter for a little bit.  She is feeling a little better, today, she said.  She went to the office in the morning because she had meetings she wanted to attend.  Everyone there had told her to go home, so, she attended the two morning meetings and rescheduled her afternoon meeting and went home.  I asked her to work from home, tomorrow, but I think she will go to the office.  I know her - she is very much her mother's daughter!  All I could get her to commit to was a "maybe".

Today, I am grateful for:
- Daughter is feeling a little better
- A safe drive to the office and back
- A productive day at the office
- A relaxing evening at home
- Video chatting with daughter

Friday's To Do List:
- Leave a note for my gardener friend
- Go for a blood test
- Go to the office
- Buy milk on the way home
- Cook some fish curry for dinner
- Pick up daughter from the airport in the evening

How was your Thursday?  Do you, too, find that the week seems to start out slow and then speeds up towards the end?  What are your plans for Friday?


  1. How nice that your daughter is coming again so soon. I hope she feels better for her visit.

    1. It is nice, isn't it? I am reminded of the time she came down every weekend to go with me to chemo when I was having it every week. She arranged her class schedule so that she was free on Fridays and Mondays; she'd come down on Thursday night, go with me to chemo on Fridays, attend to me over the weekend, and fly back on Monday. She did that for the entire 3 months I had weekly treatments.

  2. You did well to leave work early rather than pushing yourself. Listening to your body helps keep you going. It seems your daughter is smart enough to know when to cave in as well.
    I'm glad the front of your sweater is progressing. I have got past the ribbing and have knitted a couple of inches above that. I have no pattern to count so it is relaxing. I just have to remember to measure when it gets around 12 inches long.

    1. Thank you, Bushlady. I find myself tiring around 4:00 p.m., so I do a few filing type activities and start shutting down the computer around 4:30 p.m.

      Daughter said she worked from home, today; I was glad to hear that. Sounds like you are making very good progress with your sweater, too. Keep a tape measure handy - I'm sure you'll be reaching 12 inches before long!


Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. Thank you.