Thursday, September 10, 2026

September Grocery Shopping Part 1


September Groceries: Part 1

This post is a couple of days overdue because Blogger wouldn't let me upload my photo!  

I ordered groceries on Monday, September 7, and they were delivered on Tuesday, September 8.

I bought a few items we needed and some items we wanted, some of which were on sale and some of which weren't!  I received one substitution that I authorized (regular sliced bread instead of sandwich bread, although the receipt still states sandwich bread) and only one tray of meatballs instead of two, since that was all the store had, according to the shopper who notified me.

I also redeemed my "best customer" coupon for one pound of store brand butter free of charge.  Yes, I know that the store makes more money than the cost of a pound of butter by selling the information they track through their loyalty card/paid membership programs and my shopping habits, but, I'll take the free items and "personalized" discounts when I can get them.

Here's the receipt:


Order Summary

Original Item Total$82.39
Item Coupons/Sales-$26.63
Order Coupons-$1.00
Fulfillment Fee+$0.00
Other Fees+$0.40
Sales Tax+$1.34
Order Total$56.50

Item Details

15 Items

CA Redem Val$0.60
1 x $0.60 each
Farmer John Maple Pork Sausage Links, 8 oz$0.98
2 x $0.49 $2.79 each
Fresh Atlantic Farm Raised Whole Salmon Fillet, 1 lb$17.54
1.95 lbs x $8.99 $14.99 each (approx.)
Fresh Bunch of Bananas – 5-7 Bananas, 1 bunch$1.46
2.11 lbs x $0.69 each (approx.)
Kroger® Half and Half Half Gallon, 1/2 gal$5.49
1 x $5.49 each
Kroger® Mild Italian Style Pork Meatballs, 16 oz$3.99
1 x $3.99 $7.49 each
Kroger® Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas, 10 ct / 17.5 oz$1.99
1 x $1.99 $2.49 each
Kroger® Unsalted Butter Sticks, 4 sticks / 16 oz$0.00
1 x $0.00 $4.29 each
Kroger® White Sandwich Bread, 20 oz$1.99
1 x $1.99 each
Kroger® Yellow Onion 3 lb Bag, 3 lb$3.24
1 x $3.24 $3.79 each
La Moderna® Shells, 7 oz$1.00
2 x $0.50 each
Private Selection® Double Vanilla Ice Cream Pint, 16 oz$3.49
1 x $3.49 $4.99 each
Sparkling Ice® Summer LTO Lemonade Variety Pack (Pack of 12), 12 ct / 17 fl oz$13.99
1 x $13.99 each

Order Coupons

-$1.00

Store Coupon-$1.00

Other Fees

$0.40

Bag Fee$0.40


I spent a total of $56.50

My September grocery budget (for food items only) = $250

Spent to date = $56.50

Balance remaining in the September grocery budget = $250 - $56.50 = $193.50

In addition to this regular grocery order, my daughter and I shopped at an ethnic grocery store specializing in Asian groceries on Monday and stocked up on various items we both wanted.  I am not including the cost of that grocery shopping trip (a little over $100) since my daughter paid for it.  My grocery budget covers our main groceries and the items (including treats) I buy at the Sri Lankan grocery store.  

September is also when I do one of my quarterly stocking up of pantry and household items.  But, I need to do a pantry stock check before I do that, so that's on the agenda.

I am grateful for:

- The availability of groceries
- Digital coupons and weekly sales (such as they are)
- Being able to order groceries online
- Being able to have groceries delivered with the paid membership daughter gifted me
- Being able to include a few treats in the monthly budget

Have you done any grocery shopping in September, yet?  Are you finding good bargains?

4 comments:

  1. My blogger isn't showing when new posts are coming out! Sigh.
    Well done with the food shop. Now that I'm back, I'm cringing at the food prices as things are so much cheaper in England than here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sharon; new posts are not showing up in the reading lists, again.
      Grocery prices keep climbing up, but, one of my readers from New Zealand says the prices I pay are much cheaper than what she pays. I guess it's all relative.

      Delete
  2. A good shop. Blogger has a lot to answer for lately.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amalia. Yes, Blogger is having issues, but, I guess we get what we pay for! :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.