![]() |
| September 18th Groceries Part 3 A |
September groceries part 3 comes in two parts! I put in an order for yet more groceries on Thursday, September 17 and they were delivered on Friday morning, September 18 (photos above and below). Later, on Friday afternoon, I went to one of the ethnic grocery stores to pick up a few other items I wanted (no photo of the groceries, but, a photo of the receipt, below).
![]() |
| September 18th Groceries Part 3A (continued) |
First, the groceries for Part 3A - I was still in a stocking up frame of mind, so, I bought another bag of rice, another bag of sugar, some soup noodles, condensed milk, a packet of dried milk powder, and daughter's favorite snack on a multi-buy sale. I also bought some treats (ice cream, cookies) and fruit, including regular strawberries which were on a special digital coupon offer for $1.49 each. I had specified no substitutions, but, the shopper substituted organic strawberries at full price of $3.99 each without notifying me and I was not pleased. This time, I requested a refund, which was approved. I was ready to return the strawberries to the store, but, I was told to keep them, which I did.
Here's the receipt:
My total came to $23.84 at the ethnic grocery store.
Order Summary
Original Item Total$95.39
Item Coupons/Sales-$19.00
Fulfillment Fee+$0.00
Other Fees+$0.60
Sales Tax$0.00
Order Total$76.99
Item Details
22 Items
Bakery Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies, 12 count$3.00
1 x $3.00 each
Cheetos® Flamin' Hot Puffs Chips, 8 oz$10.00
4 x $2.50 $5.49 each
Fresh Bunch of Bananas – 5-7 Bananas, 1 bunch$1.45
2.16 lbs x $0.67 $0.69 each (approx.)
Fresh Organic Strawberries - 1 LB clamshell, 1 lb$7.98
2 x $3.99 each
Kroger® Cinnamon Graham Crackers, 14.4 oz$2.79
1 x $2.79 each
Kroger® Instant Non-Fat Dry Milk, 25.6 oz$8.99
1 x $8.99 each
Kroger® Long Grain Rice, 10 lb$6.99
1 x $6.99 each
Kroger® Milk Chocolate Flavored Hot Cocoa Mix, 8 ct / 11 oz$2.99
1 x $2.99 each
Kroger® Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 oz$9.96
4 x $2.49 each
Maruchan Ramen® Noodle Soup, Chicken Flavor Instant Noodles, 1 ea$3.99
1 x $3.99 each
Nissin® Cup Noodles® Chicken Flavor Ramen Noodle Soup, 6 ct / 2.25 oz$2.99
1 x $2.99 $4.79 each
Private Selection® Double Vanilla Ice Cream Pint, 16 oz$4.98
2 x $2.49 $3.59 each
Seedless Mandarin Clementine Oranges in 3lb Bag, 3 lb$2.99
1 x $2.99 $5.99 each
Smart Way™ Granulated Sugar, 10 lbs$7.29
1 x $7.29 each
Other Fees
$0.60
Bag Fee$0.60
6 x $0.10 eachMy total came to: $76.99 - $7.98 (refund for the strawberries) = $69.01
On Friday afternoon, I went to the ethnic store for additional items (mostly to buy potatoes on sale for $1.99/10 lb.), but, I also bought raisin buns, bread rolls, dates, broccoli, and a jar of hazelnut spread. I didn't take a picture of the items I bought, but, here's a picture of the receipt:
![]() |
| Receipt for the Rest of the Groceries |
My total came to $23.84 at the ethnic grocery store.
Total spent at both grocery stores = $69.01 + $23.84 = $92.85
My September grocery budget (for food items only) = $250
Spent to date = $56.50 + $42.66 + $92.85 = $192.01
Balance remaining in the September grocery budget = $250 - $192.01 = $57.99
With another week or so left in September, I feel that I am doing well with my grocery budget this month.
As always, I am grateful for:
- The availability of groceries
- Being able to order groceries online and have them delivered
- Being able to stock up
- Having a variety and a choice
- Store refunds
- Being able to order groceries online and have them delivered
- Being able to stock up
- Having a variety and a choice
- Store refunds
How are you doing with your September grocery shopping? Are you finding good bargains?



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.