I finished putting together the trellis, this morning. I spent some time trying to figure out what to do about the missing piece, but eventually, decided to remove that section of the trellis, altogether, and make it a little shorter. Problem solved! Later in the afternoon, when my gardener friend came over, we set it up so that the jasmine vine and asparagus vine can go up the trellis. I forgot to take a picture.
In the afternoon, I put away the dried laundry from yesterday and did another load of laundry. Then, I tidied the family room and vacuumed it. I also swept and vacuumed the kitchen (had to sweep first, because I knocked a glass off the counter by accident and there were shards of glass everywhere, and then, I thought it would be best to vacuum, as well). Vacuumed the bathrooms, too. I debated vacuuming the bedrooms, but decided to do it tomorrow.
My gardener friend mowed the back garden for me. Later, I watered the garden, both front and back.
Today, one of my cousins and an aunt called.
It has been another very windy day! We are having what is known as the Santa Ana winds - they are strong, hot, dry winds that blow from the desert. Some areas are experiencing wind gusts of up to 65 miles per hour, according to the news, and there have been some downed trees and power lines, and several areas are without power!
Today, I am grateful for:
- A day of vacation from office work.
- Getting some housework done.
- Phone calls from family.
- No downed trees or power lines in my immediate neighborhood.
Friday's To Do List:
- Go to the garden center for tomato cages - Postponed for Saturday!
- Finish assembling the trellis - DONE
- Put away laundry - DONE
- Do another load of laundry - DONE
- Other items from the carried forward list!
- Family room - tidy, dust, vacuum
Saturday's To Do List:
- Garden center for tomato cages
- Put away dried laundry
- Do another load of laundry
- Vacuum bedrooms
- Weed the rest of the planting bed
- Transplant the zucchini seedlings
- Plant the succulents
How was your Friday? What are your plans for the weekend?