![]() |
| October 8 Groceries |
On Thursday, I went to the pharmacy to pick up a medication refill and received a coupon for $4, which I redeemed for two boxes of cereal, on sale for $1.99 per box.
Then, I drove to the Armenian store because they had salmon steaks on sale for $7.99/lb. I bought four salmon steaks which weighed a bit over 2.5 lbs. and came to $20.29. Before I went to the store, I did a bit of price comparisons and made myself a shopping list of items, in addition to the salmon, to buy from the store: onions, ginger, tomatoes, yuca root, Fuyu persimmons, bread rolls, raisin buns, a jar of Nutella, and two cans of coconut water. My total came to $43.94. I've shown the receipt, below:
![]() |
| Receipt |
I checked the price of fresh green beans and it was $3.99/lb. and I didn't buy any. It's $2.99/lb. at the supermarket.
Daughter and I had a bread roll each for a late brunch, sandwiched with slices of curried chicken. Later, I enjoyed a raisin bun at tea time, with a cup of tea.
Then, I ordered more groceries from the supermarket, to be delivered on Friday morning, including gallon bottles of drinking water as part of my stocking up/emergency preparedness. Canned condensed milk and 4 lb. bags of store brand sugar were on sale with digital coupons for $1.99 each, so I ordered the maximum of 5 each. I will post about those groceries once they are delivered, but, my estimated total was just over $68.00
My October grocery budget is $250 for food and drinks. It does not include household cleaning products, toiletries, paper goods, etc.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Free cereal with my coupons from the pharmacy
- The availability of my medications
- The availability of groceries
- A safe drive to and from the pharmacy and grocery store
- Not needing to buy eggs thanks to the chickens!
Have you gone grocery shopping yet in October? Are you finding good deals?


You got lucky with the cereal, and every little helps. I will be getting my grocery shopping at the weekend, along with some additional store cupboard items to keep in, just in case.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day, Bless. X
Thank you, Jules. I was very pleased with my cereal purchase. I hope you are able to get all the groceries and store cupboard items you need. Have a lovely weekend.
DeleteI get cereal sometimes too with my drug store bucks. However, yesterday, I spent them on M&Ms for our upcoming trip. That's one of the special foods for our car trips. :)
ReplyDeleteOoh, I love M&Ms! That's a great item to buy with your drug store bucks! Have a wonderful car trip!
Delete