Monday, August 3, 2026

Weekly Meal Plan Options: July Week 5 Review and August Week 1

Tuesday Brunch: Cold Cuts Sandwiches

These were my meal plan options for the last week in July, which also included the first two days of August:

Brunches:  Egg salad sandwiches; Cold cuts sandwiches; tortillas with eggs and lunu miris; French bread/baguette with scrambled eggs; French toast; Leftovers, Milkrice, Pizza

Dinners:  Smoked sausage stir fry with rice;  Rice and chicken curry with cucumber salad and peach chutney; Tortillas with chicken curry; Leftovers/Planned overs, Chinese food (compliments of neighbor S); English Muffin (compliments of M)

Snacks/Desserts:  Fruit, Peanut butter and apple slices/crackers, ice cream, protein shakes, maybe muffins?  Aloo puri, cookies, crab croquette, honey garlic bread sticks, lava cake

Here's how that worked out:

Monday:
Brunch:  Egg salad sandwiches
Dinner:  Leftover soup from the Italian restaurant 
Snacks/Dessert: Apple slices with peanut butter; ice cream; protein shake

Tuesday:
Brunch:  Cold cuts sandwiches (me); rice and chicken curry (daughter)
Dinner:  Hamburgers and homegrown corn on the cob (very stunted, but, nevertheless, homegrown!)
Snacks/Dessert:  Asian pears (homegrown), dates and cashews, chocolate chip cookies, protein shake

Wednesday:
Brunch:  French toast 
Dinner:  Chicken curry and tortillas
Snacks/Dessert: Asian pears, ice cream, protein shake

Thursday:
Brunch:  French toast (Planned overs - I made extra)
Dinner:  Rice and chicken curry
Snacks/Dessert:  Protein shake, aloo puri (friend R brought a packet of frozen aloo puri), cookies, coffee ice cream, apple slices

Friday:
Brunch:  Scrambled eggs (from our own chickens!), French bread (baguette from the French bakery)
Dinner: Chicken curry and French bread (me); chicken curry and rice (daughter)
Snacks/Dessert: Honey garlic bread sticks, crab croquette, protein shake, apple slices

Saturday:
Breakfast:  Milkrice and seeni sambol
Lunch:  Pizza and garlic bites
Dinner:  Chinese food (fried rice, broccoli & beef, orange chicken)
Snacks/Dessert: Protein shake, fortune cookies, gata (Armenian pastry), watermelon and grapes, jello

Sunday:
Breakfast:  Milkrice and seeni sambol (me), leftover pizza (daughter)
Lunch: Chinese food
Dinner: Toasted English muffin (compliments of M; me); Chinese food (daughter)
Snacks/Dessert: Protein shake, fortune cookies, carrot cake, apple slices
 

Well now.  That didn't work out quite how I had planned!

On Thursday evening, friend R paid us a much postponed visit and brought a box of frozen aloo puri (potato stuffed flat bread) which we cooked in the air fryer to have as a snack while she was here, in addition to the egg salad sandwiches and cookies I had served with tea.

Then, on Friday, daughter and I went to the Japanese store and stopped by the French bakery on our way back and she treated me to a baguette, a crab croquette which we both shared (they had only one crab croquette left), and some honey garlic bread sticks.  Later on Friday, gardener friend M brought me an English muffin from a vendor at a farmers' market he had gone to.

Then, on Saturday,  daughters friend V came over to spend the afternoon with her and daughter ordered pizza, garlic bread sticks, and lava cake for lunch.  Plus I had forgotten, when I was making the meal plan options, that it was the 1st of the month and I usually make milkrice on the 1st of the month (I still made it even if I had forgotten to add it to the meal plan!)  Later in the evening, neighbor S brought us Chinese food and desserts!

Not that I am complaining!  LOL.  It's a blessing to have an abundance of food!

Moving on to the first week of August, here are my meal plan options:

Brunches:  Milkrice with seeni sambol and/or chicken curry (Monday); Cold cuts sandwiches; Tortillas with eggs and lunu miris;  Pancakes with blueberry compote and/or syrup; Leftover Chinese food

Dinners: Hamburgers with cucumber salad; Rice and chicken curry with moringa curry and dhal; Fried rice or frozen burritos; Leftovers

Snacks/Desserts:  Fruit, protein shakes, garlic bread, lava cake, ice cream

We shall see how that works out!

As always, I am grateful for:
- The blessings of friends sharing food
- Having a variety of food available
- Having plenty and more
- Fresh eggs and produce from the garden
- Daughter treating me to some delicious treats

Are you doing any meal planning this week?

18 comments:

  1. THe best laid plans . . . I rarely have what we eat echo what I planned. Life happens and we either can fight it or just roll with it. I will roll just about every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just how it goes some weeks, isn't it? I am more than happy to roll, especially when it means I don't have to cook! :D

      Delete
  2. You eat such wonderful foods, with amazing variety. It's a true form of creativity.
    Your meals are always filled with community as well. I think that's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lyssa. It's a blessing to be able to eat a variety of food and to have friends and neighbors who share, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  3. I really love how you plan your meals! And your meals sound so tasty! It's been pretty hot and humid here in Montreal, and I don't have much energy to plan meals, or to cook! I have quick, but healthy, meals, such as an omelet, a sandwich, some fruit, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It's quite hot here, too, and I, too, don't feel like doing a lot of cooking. I, too, have a lot of sandwiches (usually for brunch) and scrambled eggs, but, for some odd reason, I don't seem to make a lot of omelets. I'm not quite sure why!

      Delete
  4. Oh, sometimes I have cottage cheese with peaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a nice, cool meal. I'll make mine yogurt and peaches, please (don't much care for cottage cheese!)

      Delete
    2. You know, sometimes I don't like cottage cheese, so I understand. For myself, it all depends on which company made it! :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, a lot depends on the taste, doesn't it? At one time, I used to mix flavored gelatin with cottage cheese and liked that. I haven't made that in years, though!

      Delete
  5. Lovely variety of food as usual.
    I am doing meal planning, working on some freezer bits and supplementing with some fresh veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Good idea to use up the freezer items and supplement with fresh produce. This is the season for fresh produce, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  6. I rarely plan ahead. If we do brunch, it's usually when we're going on for brunch on the wkend. Though sometimes in the winter we'll do brunch at home. I do love a good french toast. Think my only planner is to use the fresh veggies in the early meals after grocery shopping so they don't have a chance to go over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using the fresh veggies in the early meals is a very good plan. I call my first meal of the day, usually eaten around noon or a little later, brunch because I generally don't have a separate breakfast and something else for lunch. Some days, it is more of a breakfast type meal - pancakes or scrambled eggs, for example. Other days, it's more of a lunch type meal - sandwiches or rice and curries. :)

      Delete
  7. Best laid plans :)
    Your meals always sound delicious. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, indeed! :D
    Thank you, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of food and such a nice variety. And, as expected, eggs are making a regular appearance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debra. Yes, eggs are making a regular appearance! :D

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.