Thursday, August 20, 2026

Mid-Week on Wednesday

 

Clouds and Contrails

It was a lovely warm summer day on Wednesday.  We went up to 95F.  I woke up at 8:00 a.m. and tended to the chickens, letting them out of their inner coop into the the bigger enclosure and giving them their food crumbles.  They have been with us for just over four weeks (it was four weeks on Tuesday).  One of the garden cats, little Mochi, has taken to following me to the shed where I keep the chicken feed and waiting for me to go back to the house where I give the garden cats their morning kibble.

More Clouds and Contrails

M was here in the early afternoon to tend to the garden.  He uprooted the dead avocado tree, watered the garden, and gifted us with an onion he had grown in his garden.  

Even More Clouds and Contrails

Later in the afternoon, I put in an order for groceries to be delivered on Thursday morning.  The loaf of sandwich bread I ordered was in low supply, I was notified.  I did authorize a substitute for the bread; I hope I receive some bread.

In the early evening, I went to the pharmacy to pick up some medication refills that were ready.  I had another $4 off coupon and bought a bag of honey roasted peanuts that were on sale for $3.99 with my coupon.  

Just Clouds


fterwards, I went to the library to return a book and to borrow a book that I had placed a hold on and which had arrived.  On the way to the library, I stopped at a discount grocery store that had advertised pork chops for $1.99/lb. but, they were out of it!  I asked the person at the meat service counter and he led me to where the beef steaks were kept.  But, I didn't want beef steaks as I had already ordered a beef roast from the other grocery store.  I hadn't taken the weekly grocery flyer with me, so I couldn't point out what I was looking for.  I didn't look around or buy anything else from that particular store.  I might go back, later in the week, with the grocery ad to see if they had any pork chops.


More Clouds

I really liked the way the clouds looked with and without the contrails.  

On Wednesday, I was grateful for:

- The chickens laying eggs
- M's help with the garden
- The availability of medications and insurance
- Daughter doing the hard work of keeping the chicken coop clean and maintained
- Library services

Wednesday's joyful activities included watching the chickens while daughter put them in the coop for the night.  They have started climbing up on daughter's shoulders and Henny Penny even climbed up on her head, the day before!  

Plans for Thursday include receiving the groceries and maybe going to the discount grocery store to see if they have the pork chops on sale.

How was your Wednesday?  What are your plans for Thursday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.